As much as I dislike the guy....

General chat about anything else goes here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

As much as I dislike the guy....

Post by tktufc91 »

Buckle sure knows how to cause a cupset. Watch Luton get one of the big clubs now.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I was saying to my mates earlier how I thought Luton could beat Wolves. If I was a betting man I would have made a small fortune (and lost more).

Buckle did well with us in most cup competitions and I don't really know how he does it to be honest. He must just get his players bouncing for it in the dressing room. Apparently Luton were a picture of grit and determination against Wolves - without being a particularly good team.

But still, I hope Buckle gets a move to a more ambitious club soon. :devil:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I prefer to think of it as Wolves being in complete disarray, the fans on Solbakkens back and they are really struggling which is why Luton won. On the day Luton just wanted it more despite having far inferior quality players. It was always going to happen ( although i didn't bet on them, i picked Cardiff instead............boo hoo!!!!!! )
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote:( although i didn't bet on them, i picked Cardiff instead............boo hoo!!!!!! )
:rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I said exactly the same thing at the time. His Cup record is absolutely amazing. Just a real pisser that he couldn't win the one bloody game which would have transformed the club forever.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Just a real pisser that he couldn't win the one bloody game which would have transformed the club forever.
:@ :'(
Agreed. Worthy of a thread of its own ...where would we be now if we had beaten Creepy Crawley....????
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In the middle of L1. Look where we are with not a pot to piss in, just imagine where we'd be with, say, £250,000 to invest in the squad (the rest of the estimated million pound windfall goes towards the training ground, the Bench and odd things like upgrading the tannoy and providing gym membership to the players).

Don't post that thread just yet, I may have a different outlet for it...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

tktufc91 wrote:Buckle sure knows how to cause a cupset. Watch Luton get one of the big clubs now.
This is not a word. Please try again, lest the vein pop out of my head causing embarrassment for all. :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.