Rovers in for Buckle?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Cracking turnaround.

That should put PB off the Rovers job...

:P
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

NickGull wrote:Cracking turnaround.

That should put PB off the Rovers job...

:P

Or make them more keen to come get him ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Sincerely hope PB stays put - if he left we would lose any momentum in the season and possibly even put us back in the relegation mire given the compressed nature of the league.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Will it be another day without news ?

I wonder whether PB was at the Rovers v Argyle game last night ?
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Really can't see this happening now. Personally, I think if PB was going to be Rovers next Manager it would have been announced by now and the very fact that Simon Baker has confirmed that an approach hasn't even been made by them - makes it even more unlikely.

That's not to say that PB won't be moving on in the near future though. I reckon a heck of a lot depends on what happens on Saturday in the FACup - lose and he (Buckle) will probably be faced with losing players and even more budget cuts ... win and draw a "plum" tie and then maybe PB might be given the chance to continue to build and strengthen the squad. It really is that important I reckon.

As for Bucks, all the noises he has been making seem to suggest that he now feels that the time might be right for him to move on and challenge himself at a higher level. However given that there are currently, by my reckoning, nine Managerial vacancies (Burnley, Cyrystal Palace, PNE, Charlton, Bristol Rovers, Walsall, Port Vale, Stockport and Barnet) in the Football League there are currently a lot of out of work Managers and any club looking to fill a position will often look at those first rather than have to pay compensation out to clubs whose Managers are in work - which has probably prevented Bucks from moving on in the past suspect.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

seems that now bury's Knill is fabourite to take the rovers job, now 2-1 odds on sky bet, Hope this is true, :engflag:
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

PNE just been filled by Brown
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Howe to Palace ... Buckle to Bournemouth??
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

crazyfool wrote:Howe to Palace ... Buckle to Bournemouth??
and take benners with him? :rofl:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Hopefully,

If their going to go, then get gone ASAP and end this uncertainty that is undoubtably going to affect our chances in the cup match.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Hopefully,

If their going to go, then get gone ASAP and end this uncertainty that is undoubtably going to affect our chances in the cup match.
Yeah, it is unsettling isn't it ?

A contributory factor together with the lack of competitive match time that has a negative impact on our previously reasonable form.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Hopefully,

If there is one thing that would undoubtedly affect our chances of causing a cup upset, it'd be playing the game without our most potent goal threat. So conversely, i rather hope he hasn't left before the weekend.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

He is at worst evens and odds on favourite with the bookies for the Rovers job, and if they are right (which they more than often are) then he will soon be gone. Do worry what impact this and the loss of key young players could have - we are far from safe yet and a bad run could see as rapidly sliding into relegation worries.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

another one bites the dust in ipswich, roy keane sacked aswell now. tbh, i am personally more worried if eddie howe goes to crystal palace then bournemouth will certainly be looking at bucks and i belive that if they come for him, they are known to give a chance to young, up and coming managers, he will go. and with the 1m+ they got from mcquoid and pitman they certanly have the money to take the likes of okane, ellis and of course benyon. worrying times on the south coast....
cidergull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: eunan okane

Post by cidergull »

Driving home from the Carlisle match in euphoric state and the radio switches to BBC Somerset . The feelings fron the Rovers fans on the phone in was their manager by wednesday would be Paul Hart , This along with Paul Buckles comments on Radio Devon lead me to believe he will be with us for the rest of the season at least. Here's hoping!