The match v Exeter is currently... OFF!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Blink in heck weather looks bad this morning. I have me ticket but do I risk driving down, 1 will the game really be on and 2 what's the a303 going to be like, I have to drive back here on Sunday when there is more rain. Decisions decisions
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well just come off n/shift, it rained constantly untill about 05.30, so it could well be down whether the pitch covers were man enough for the job..go on Neal do it, you know you want to.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Niall Thompson

Post by TF12Gull »

PITCH INSPECTION AT 11!!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I will be amazed if the game goes ahead. The rain I've just had to drive through on the M27 is atrocious. Not looking forward to the rest of the drive.

Not too bothered if the game gets called off seeing as I have other commitments this weekend anyway, family and all that.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Well, it's been hammering it down all night here in Marldon. I assume it has been in Torquay, too. Hmm, not promising.............
TUST member 203
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Niall Thompson

Post by TF12Gull »

Only hope there is in a way is it stopped raining it tq now so gives groundsmen chance to do there work delay inspection till 12 longer for hen to work on it not as though long way to come for there fans
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

With the prospect of facing Exeter with Yeoman up front, I'm rather hoping the weather wins and we play this when we are at full strength.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

bit unfair on yeoman, he has to start sometime, we can see what he is made of! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

No let up in the weather here to the west of the county, if anything the rain is getting heavier again after a brief respite around dawn. I too will be pleasantly surprised if the game goes ahead.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
SmoothinPedally
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by SmoothinPedally »

Morning all, cheers for this thread. Just setting off from
Hampshire for the game. I'd be surprised if we even get to Devon let alone the game being on! All kinds of road closures etc. If it does get cancelled anyone know when the rearranged date might be? Presumably the club would want another Saturday to ensure biggest crowd possible but there can't be many free Saturdays kicking about.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

SmoothinPedally wrote:Morning all, cheers for this thread. Just setting off from
Hampshire for the game. I'd be surprised if we even get to Devon let alone the game being on! All kinds of road closures etc. If it does get cancelled anyone know when the rearranged date might be? Presumably the club would want another Saturday to ensure biggest crowd possible but there can't be many free Saturdays kicking about.
If the clubs were agreeable, there is the Saturday that away game was meant to be played, now that it has been moved to the Monday night!! If they could play twice in three days, that is!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

ROADRUNNER wrote:bit unfair on yeoman, he has to start sometime, we can see what he is made of! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Well, he has been knocking around for a few years now, without really making his mark and maybe his time will come but I'd rather we took the risk against someone like Barnet, than this game.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

hector wrote:With the prospect of facing Exeter with Yeoman up front, I'm rather hoping the weather wins and we play this when we are at full strength.
I agree. Nothing personal against Yeoman. Just think we could do with this being postponed and getting a few players back fit to face them. Too many injuries and three games in a short space of time wont help that.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Yeoman came on against Aldershot and scored. He always has a good work rate when he comes on and that is often what's needed in these type of games.

Play the lad I say and see what he can do for an hour.

Hope the game's on as it won't be the same on a weeknight.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

With four games in nine days, half our players carrying knocks and injuries we really need a local derby today against an in form team like a hole in the head.
I would expect this to be called off at 11 - that will definately do for us and will be a right result.