Anglo - Scottish Cup

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Anglo - Scottish Cup

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I would like to see league 1 & 2 clubs play against Scottish league clubs ( not SPL ) in a brand new Anglo - Scottish Cup. I think it would be very interesting, fresh and i have a deep yearning to see us play in Brechin! Anyone remember the Anglo-Italian Cup? How bizarre was that?!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I like the idea but think about the expense for travelling fans (particularly Torquay fans!), I just don't think enough people would travel all that way or infact be interested in the cup.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Same as the JPT then? :lol:

What about an Anglo-Welsh Cup then, oh i so long for a trip to Cwmbran!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Oh come on guys. Can you please tell me what attraction is playing a semi proffessional team in the Welsh leagues in front of 23 men and their dogs. oh and possibly a flock of sheep. (no jokes please I am half Welsh. Hmmm)
Same goes for the Scottish teams. There is no way costs could be covered for playing in front of 2 or 3 hundred if they even managed to attract that many. Some Scottish clubs only get 250 for league game that mean something. You would have to attract them with the promise of watching us fry in oil for them to turn up. and then some.
Stick with what we have or we will be playing silly games that lose us money for no good reason and we can well do without that and the obvious distractions from the league
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843