How much....

General chat about anything else goes here.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

How much....

Post by diamondgirl »

Ok, so having waited at Torquay coach station for 2 hours, yesterday, the obligatory elderly, christmas, relative eventually arrived, from Battersea, at 18.35. National Express coach should have got there at 16.20!! Never mind it's only 3 below. :( Once we get the old guy into the car we can set off home, to Brixham, with the heating at full blast. That should thaw us out nicely, thankyou.

Arrived home, just about thawed out. What shall we have for dinner? Oh sod it lets get fish & chips. That will be easy. Back out into the freezing artic conditions, with son (ferrarilover) in tow. He can "cuddle" the bag full of hot F&C on the way back. That will keep him warm.

Arrive at the local chippie - Davids in Brixham. Only one person in front of us, the owner of T6 UFC. Confront owner and advise "Hi, I'm T28 UFC how are you doing?" "Good thanks. You?" " Yeah great thanks. Hope the game gets played on Sunday" " Yeah me too. See you there". :scarf:

Place order, at counter. 1 haddock, 1 cod, 1 "Dave" burger with cheese 1 veggie burger with pineapple, 2 x large chips and 1 can of Lychee juice (Speak to Ferrarilover about that!!) Pay for order, turn to my right and get scared witless by a 6ft singing bloody polar bear!! Not only that, but he is wearing a RED & WHITE scarf. :evil: Ok, fully recovered now and find the polar bear quite entertaining, with his array of seasonal songs. Still waiting for the haddock and cod to be caught and cooked, have a look at the "items" that can be purchased in the shop. Sitting proudly, on the counter, is a "tiny" plastic packet which apparantly contains "Tomato Ketchup" and "Only" 20p. 20p jeez thats 4 shillings in pre-decimal coinage!! FOUR SHILLINGS. :O I advise Ferrari that in the late sixties FOUR SHILLINGS would have got me into Saturday morning picturers for EIGHT, yes EIGHT weeks. How can it be possible that a tiny plastic container of ketchup can cost the same as 8 weeks of sat. morning picturers!!!

I must be getting old. Maybe I ought to start looking up the times of the christmas Nationl Express coaches. :rofl:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

187 views at the last count and not one poster has had the common courtesy to post a reply to Matt's Mum (diamondgirl).

It does sound a wee bit like a p*ssed off rant. On the Popside there is a dedicated thread for posters who get p*ssed off on a regular basis. That particular thread on the Popside is not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm a Marmite and cider man myself.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

You have posted a comment Trojan....thats good enough for me. Marmite & Cider (Pear?) sounds appealing.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Two things alarmed me here, diamond - pear cider? And veggie burger with pineapple? Ewwww... other than that, I'm with you on the ketchupgate. A whole bottle of value ketchup is only about 7p. I would imagine. :Oops: