New Official Site

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Surely there has to be a way we can do something similar to this.

Won't take long and I'm sure there'd be a few of us, myself included, who would be happy to knock an article up every now and then.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yep, looks and feels a lot better Nick it has to be said. Would be fantastic if we could have our own unofficial website similar to this. I wouldn't mind doing some basic things for it either. Matt can do most of the articles though as he knows 99% of the English dictionary! :bow:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I'd also be willing to help out!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

NickGull wrote:Surely there has to be a way we can do something similar to this.

Won't take long and I'm sure there'd be a few of us, myself included, who would be happy to knock an article up every now and then.
Try this (and they're looking for a new Editor to take over the site - perfect opportunity?) or maybe this.
Last edited by Jerry on 01 Sep 2012, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

Glad you like the idea, but still in my opinion all the suggested sites look a bit prehistoric. For about £40 you can get a decent template like one of these:
http://www.templatemonster.com/website- ... 19539.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/33391.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/29603.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then all you have to do is customise it to suit your needs, so add some yellow/blue (tastefully!) and all the relevent content, and you're away.

I'd be happy to assist, or stick one of my web dev guys on it (i run a number of websites so have a few people that help out i can use). Perhaps the Joomla CMS option would be a good idea, then you can give people logins with certain access levels so they can post content without changing anything important etc. and it sets it all up SEO optimized and everything else... we can have site polls, squad lists (up to date!) fixtures, results, articles with option for users to comment on them for more ways to interact / keep convo and topic all in 1 place, rather than forum threads that have to link to articles for discussion...
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Can't display fixtures - they are copyrighted and cost a fortune to print in their entirety.

Good ideas though.

Watch this space......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com