three on trial tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

brucie wrote:An easy win against an appalling Bideford side - on that showing they are going to have an almighty tough season going up a divison. The triallist playing at right back was hopeless. The triallist centre half did ok and scored with a header - but did not really have anything to do.
Macklin doesn't appear to be any better. Howe came on for the second half and scored after fifteen seconds. Morris scored an absolute cracker.
It was difficult to judge anything as the opposition was so poor.
To be fair without sounding too disrepectful towards Bideford we should be beating them like that considering we played our full first team. I doubt they will play teams similar to us in there division so abit harsh to judge how good they are against players who will be playing fairly regularly in League Two next season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

not really - normally when we play them there isn't much in it. I mistook the Saah header for Ifel or whatever his name was - the right back definately wasn't Leasbitter (unless he has changed the colour of his skin over the summer)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19153764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBC reporting that Baker was the Coventry player. Have they made the same error or could this possibly be the case???
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Surely it can't be. Carl Baker is a quality player, obviously played championship level last season even if they did get relegated. I'd imagine he'd have stood out a country mile against Bideford if it was, but the reports back don't seem to mention him at all.

Lazy journalism by the Beeb I reckon - much more likely to be this local lad.
gulltom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by gulltom »

Ifil has been shown the door by Lingy, no real surprises there. Apparently Baker and Artemi are still on trial and may become development players if signed.

Be interesting to see where the new centre half comes from now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19196640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Jeff wrote:Surely it can't be. Carl Baker is a quality player, obviously played championship level last season even if they did get relegated. I'd imagine he'd have stood out a country mile against Bideford if it was, but the reports back don't seem to mention him at all.

Lazy journalism by the Beeb I reckon - much more likely to be this local lad.
Beeb are WRONG. I know Carl from playing in 7s leagues around South Devon. Interesting that Ling said he is a development player if signed, as I think he's at least as old as Yeoman, if not older. He's very left footed but obviously looks a decent player in the 7s Leagues.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:Beeb are WRONG. I know Carl from playing in 7s leagues around South Devon. Interesting that Ling said he is a development player if signed, as I think he's at least as old as Yeoman, if not older. He's very left footed but obviously looks a decent player in the 7s Leagues.
Yeah...but so did I, at times :)

I recognise the name, though - what 7s team did he play for?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

happytorq wrote: Yeah...but so did I, at times :)

I recognise the name, though - what 7s team did he play for?

We are all good at under 7's. I was Pele at under 7's and like lieutenant dan at under 16's. I played for TUFC from under 11's up as well. :lol:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

usagullmichigan wrote:We are all good at under 7's. I was Pele at under 7's and like lieutenant dan at under 16's. I played for TUFC from under 11's up as well. :lol:
I can't work out if you've misunderstood what we talking about, or if you're trying to be hilarious...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He's very left footed but obviously looks a decent player in the 7s Leagues.
He's picking up on this bit and trying to be hilarious. It didn't work.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

cambgull wrote: He's picking up on this bit and trying to be hilarious. It didn't work.
that's what I thought, but I don't say the word "under" so it rather falls flat.

Poor, usagullmichigan. Poor, indeed. Take a trip to Wisconsin, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Drunken post fellas. I apologise.