Arsenal Academy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Superguy
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Poke

Arsenal Academy

Post by Superguy »

Last Thursday I had the privilege of watching our under 10, under 11 and under 14 Academy teams play Arsenal's Academy teams.

Huge test for our lads against some supremely talented players but a great experience and something to aspire too.

Well done lads.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

How did they get on? I saw on the website we were playing them but havent heard anything on how they got on..
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I know that the under 14s lost 4-0. My brother (Neal Osborn) is one of their keepers. He acknowleged a couple of mistakes (conceeding 3 himself), but what Iv'e heard from the parents is that Arsenals youth played like a machine, spraying the ball around for the whole game. All in all though, considering the gap, i don't think its a bad result. The boys should be proud.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brooker wrote:I know that the under 14s lost 4-0. My brother (Neal Osborn) is one of their keepers. He acknowleged a couple of mistakes (conceeding 3 himself), but what Iv'e heard from the parents is that Arsenal's youth played like a machine, spraying the ball around for the whole game. All in all though, considering the gap, i don't think its a bad result. The boys should be proud.
You mean, Arsenal's team was better organised; had some kind of game plan..?