Fairy Godmother

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Only one word for it - Thank You, well two then! Often wondered whether it is two words or one, but who cares just that someone out there helped by putting their hand in their pocket with such generosity!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

ferrarilover wrote: It certainly was, pretty obvious really.

Matt.
i thought you were referring to your ma, but she kinda ruled herself out further up the thread, unless it was her and she's after a free season ticket ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/story ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not Helen Chamberlain then!?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

To the anonymous lady : thank you ma'am for your generosity :bow:

It's pleasing to know that some through their noble actions prove themselves to be benevolent.

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself immersed in financial good health?

Would you remain what you are regardless of the "success" you have become ?

Would you be benevolent like the Bristow family ?

Or would you be an ego driven Billy big b*ll*cks,(or big Billie no nuts depending on gender)?

The greatest action in life is to be kind. Of all things, people remember kindness/benevolence.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

The article suggests this was a gift rather than a loan so it will not impact the balance sheet which is good news as ‘All debt will be repaid, if not by the borrower then by the lender’. (CV Myers)

However, I am slightly disappointed to find out that this purchase was not the sign of a board prepared to invest a decent proportion of their transfer income back into the team. Well OK they were – but only to the tune of £20k.

Don’t get me wrong it is nice to have two lady benefactors. But somehow it is further confirmation that we are a long way from the dream of self sufficiency as a League club.

Some will view us as being propped up by Sugar Daddies or in this case Mummies just like Crawley, Fleetwood et al.

Anyway I hope that she likes what she has bought and doesn't want to take it back.... :)
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

yellow wrote:The article suggests this was a gift rather than a loan so it will not impact the balance sheet which is good news as ‘All debt will be repaid, if not by the borrower then by the lender’. (CV Myers)

However, I am slightly disappointed to find out that this purchase was not the sign of a board prepared to invest a decent proportion of their transfer income back into the team. Well OK they were – but only to the tune of £20k.

Don’t get me wrong it is nice to have two lady benefactors. But somehow it is further confirmation that we are a long way from the dream of self sufficiency as a League club.

Some will view us as being propped up by Sugar Daddies or in this case Mummies just like Crawley, Fleetwood et al.

Anyway I hope that she likes what she has bought and doesn't want to take it back.... :)
How is it " this purchase was not the sign of a board prepared to invest a decent proportion of their transfer income back into the team" I have seen nothing to say that the board wern't going to pay the full £70k just that this kind person offered to pay most of it.

Some people really aren't happy unless the have something to moan about, I guess every silver lining is in a cloud for some people.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote: How is it " this purchase was not the sign of a board prepared to invest a decent proportion of their transfer income back into the team" I have seen nothing to say that the board wern't going to pay the full £70k just that this kind person offered to pay most of it.

Some people really aren't happy unless the have something to moan about, I guess every silver lining is in a cloud for some people.
Phil - Ling has clearly stated he would have not been able to afford Billy without it.

An important factor in all this is how much of the incoming money has been re-invested in wages rather than fees paid. Lings budget for this year may have been increased significantly due to the sales of players and this must not be ignored.
A few years ago it was common knowledge that we wanted to sign Poke but could not afford his wages - this has know changed and there must be a reason for this.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/