Chris Zebroski

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Not playing the "I know a person in the know" here but I was told this would happen just after the end of last season. I did tell a well known member of this forum at the time. What amazes me is how do these insignificant people (in terms of the club their on about) get to hear about these these confidential matters?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Decent enough player i suppose, i didn't really rate him as highly as some of you guys but he can certainly be a handful on his day. Will probably do ok for Chelts i'd imagine.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

See he has gone but fee undisclosed. Hope we have a slice of whatever it was!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Hubert Parry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hubert Parry »

Thanks for your replies everyone. A great first interview, and it is becoming a little clear how Yates will line us up this year - I think he will fit in nicely.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Hubert Parry wrote:Thanks for your replies everyone. A great first interview, and it is becoming a little clear how Yates will line us up this year - I think he will fit in nicely.
Any idea of the fee you guys paid Hubert?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Hubert Parry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hubert Parry »

Don't trust me on this but I reckon around £40-50k.
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Hubert Parry wrote:Don't trust me on this but I reckon around £40-50k.
I know he handed in a transfer request with you guys, but if it is around 40-50k which is expected, then Cheltenham have paid well over the odds. McGhee told him at the end of last season he was free to find himself a new club, he was coming of a good season with yourselves and we got him for what, 35k? He's came off a pretty poor (some gasheads would say worse than that) season here and they are spending that. I think McGhee and Higgs would have been happy to purely get him off the wage bill to make some room for the added transfers McGhee wants.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I would imagine BR have sold him for a figure which allows them to break even with any sell on clause for us. £45-50k would make sense if the 20% sell on is true.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

What a difference a year makes. When Rovers signed Zebroski and Carayol at the same time, I would have thought that Zebroski was the better player. In fact over the last few seasons when he and Carayol have been at the same club, Zebroski has been picked more often than Carayol, yet Carayol has just got a move to Middlesborough (which after looking at their forum, their fans seem quite excited about) and Zebroski is signing for Cheltenham (no disrespect intended).

I think he will do well at Cheltenham, similar sort of club to us, less expectations on him than there probably were at Bristol Rovers and likely fans who are a bit less delusional about their status, than BRFC. Also, the style of football they play, will suit him. I can see Cheltenham challenging again for the play-offs.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Good luck Zebs (except against us!). Not the most consistent of performers, with a dodgy character, but what an exciting talent on his day.

Not slating little Danny, but I would rather have Zebroski any day.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."