Kingsteignton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Kingsteignton

Post by hector »

Apparently, Torquay are playing Kingsteignton on Wednesday, although nothing obvious is on the website. Not sure if it is youth team, reserves or first team or mixture.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

This is correct, seal hayne 6:30 kick off.

Under 18's

I know this as I'm refereeing it!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

He Knows you know ;-)
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good luck Yellow and make sure we get all the decisions! :devil: :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Haha cheers although I'm from kingsteignton so decisions could go either way! ;-)
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

well they wont concede double figures like they did against chelsea....... :-/
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Ahh, my hometown. CMON U RAMS/YELLOWS :scarf: I was never confused :-/ Do they now play at Sandygate or Broad Park? It's been over 30 years since I last played/went to a game.
Oblivion!!!!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Hi Oxgull. The rams still play at Broadpark. There is now a bunch of egg chasers which use the playing field at Five Lanes by the swimming pool.
Sore point as it will always be a village to me !!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Hi Dutch and thanks for letting me know. I used to play for Kingsteignton YC up there at 5 lanes before the swimming pool was built. That would have been 1973 to 75. Then signed on for the Rams down at Broad Park but never got a game and went to Chudleigh Athletic for the 1975/6 season. Then went off and took the queens shilling and went around the world in a green suit for 23 years.
Oblivion!!!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Kingsteignton 0-4 Gulls.

A hattrick from a lad called Danny Sullivan. Also saw an appearance from an under-15 from Cyprus, as some of you mentioned. Perhaps Y4L could give us his thoughts seeing as he reffed the match.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Not a bad turn out considering this was a training game, kingsteignton had 33 players to choose from- a lot of these were on trial for them and we played 6 15 minute sessions. Each team of the 33 (11x3) played 30 minutes for kingsteignton.

During the first 30, Torquay had full control of the game with a comfortable 2-0 lead with a third of the game gone. The second 30 minutes appeared a much harder prospect for the young gulls and kingsteignton; to their credit, pushed them deeper (Less running for me!) :) That finished 1-0 with a great header from Sullivan.

The third game started with a much more equal game, the Torquay left back- from Cyprus struggled against a pacey winger for Kingsteignton. Torquay did finally score with a simple tap in.

It was not clear who the Cyprus 15 year old was as they have recently drafted in 9 new youth team players this season. If it was who I think it was then I believe the lad upfront had a quiet game and I often found him in the offside position although the ball never came to him during this.