Niall Thompson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

If this lad was used off the bench in the right games he could develop very nicely. Against a tired left back with not a lot of pace he could cause a fair few problems if the delivery is improved. However, despite the fact he looks quick, this is based on a youth game, against one left back who could be a complete carthorse!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

It is a good looking show-reel, but we've fallen foul of that before.

To be fair, some of the people on here who went to watch the ressies/youth team said that Thompson looked like the most eyecatching of the bunch. Lets give him a bit of a run in some of the PSFs and see how he gets on. Seeing as we have shipped out McPhee and potentially could get rid of Macklin, there is a chance there for Thompson to make a break-through.

Good luck to him
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with Jeff about trialling Nial in PSF's, these are the types of games for Martin to gage how the youngsters might fare against decent competetive players and to see if he thinks they can fit in the squad somewhere. I'd certainly like to see him given a run out or three. Also agree with yellowsmiffy about Halpin. He has been with us a while now and hardly been given a sniff so why would it suddenly change? It would appear, at face value that he isn't good enough for league 2 football certainly not now. If that's the case then he probably never will be. He still has potential but at the moment it is not being realised and how much longer can he stay at Plainmoor as part of the furniture without actually getting on the pitch. He too must feel disheartened about the situation and it isn't going to help his development further by hanging on.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Considering all those clips were from just one game, I'd say that is a very promising talent.

He gave that left back a torrid time! Do we know who was the game against?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

they have great belief in niall, he will be a geat asset to the club , you will see a lot more of him in the coming year.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:they have great belief in niall, he will be a geat asset to the club , you will see a lot more of him in the coming year.
So you are indicating he will be in and around the first team then? Exciting.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Considering all those clips were from just one game, I'd say that is a very promising talent.

He gave that left back a torrid time! Do we know who was the game against?
Depends how you look at it Steve. You could suggest that, for all that talent to spew forth in just 90 minutes, he must be a world beater.

Or

You could say that he played the game of his life and won't ever come close to being that good again. Pretty sure I could run up something similar with Macklin and the Filth PSF from last year. Barcelona would be kicking the door down to sign him based on that video.

In truth, from the little bits of conversation I have had with people in and around (no one special, save for a noticeably absent forum brethren with a religion based nickname), Roadrunner (or ROADRUNNER as he insists upon being known) is perfectly correct. The club are hugely excited about him and, if anything, are doing their best to keep him out of the spotlight if possible, for genuine fear that he might well be stolen away by someone REALLY big. (Please note, Mr Ellis, this does not include Crewe Alexandra!)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote: Depends how you look at it Steve. You could suggest that, for all that talent to spew forth in just 90 minutes, he must be a world beater.

Or

You could say that he played the game of his life and won't ever come close to being that good again. Pretty sure I could run up something similar with Macklin and the Filth PSF from last year. Barcelona would be kicking the door down to sign him based on that video.

In truth, from the little bits of conversation I have had with people in and around (no one special, save for a noticeably absent forum brethren with a religion based nickname), Roadrunner (or ROADRUNNER as he insists upon being known) is perfectly correct. The club are hugely excited about him and, if anything, are doing their best to keep him out of the spotlight if possible, for genuine fear that he might well be stolen away by someone REALLY big. (Please note, Mr Ellis, this does not include Crewe Alexandra!)

Matt.
Well he is on a two year pro contract now so we have some defence against that. This is good news - I wonder if he is ready for the bench yet? PSF will probably give a good indication of this.

Is the young CB (McKenzie) is also thought highly of - he has also been given 2 years which indicates they have hopes of progression for him.
TUST member 328
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

the boy has got real talent, trust in dinger
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Richinns wrote: Well he is on a two year pro contract now so we have some defence against that. This is good news - I wonder if he is ready for the bench yet? PSF will probably give a good indication of this.

Is the young CB (McKenzie) is also thought highly of - he has also been given 2 years which indicates they have hopes of progression for him.
Oh Rich, you trusting fool! This is TUFC, he will have a 50p buyout clause. To rehash old (and hopefully irrelevant) ground, if Eunan was at Swindon, his release would be £1,000,000, it'll be the same story with Niall.

Matt.

Also, The writing is far too good for ROADRUNNER (was your caps lock broken?) to be our old friend Teeboo under a different guise, and, while his predictions are nowhere near in the same league as the aforementioned, I do wonder if he might genuinely be someone who knows things, or if he's doing a Mystic Meg?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Even we cannot allow a buyout clause in a first pro contract........................................can we?????!!!!

Until I found this video I knew none of this exciting news about the lad - it is almost like signing a new player. Looking forward even more to the PSF's now!
TUST member 328
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

im not teeboo in disguise, i do have a good contact but cant say who else if he new he wouldnt give me the imformation, nor am i mystic meg!, i will only give you cast iron imfo as i get it.