Fixtures Posters

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Fixtures Posters

Post by Gullscorer »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Fixtu ... 71,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just seen the pre-season fixtures poster, with a great pic of Billy Bodin. Excellent publicity to spread the word among the general public and hopefully bring a few more into Plainmoor to see the matches.

Just one reservation; there is no mention on the poster of prices, or how to book tickets, no phone number, e-mail address or any mention of the website, which would be helpful to potential customers.

And it's a shame there are only three hundred posters to be distributed, obviously due to financial constraints, which presumably is also why we hardly ever see adverts of games in the local press. But we should remember the old adage that advertising pays.

However, perhaps the best form of advertising is by word of mouth and personal recommendation. So let's tell everybody the good news, and bring a friend or neighbour to the matches.. :-D
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

It is annoying about the contact details, could have been better thought through. Pic is class though, I think Bodin could be awesome this year!
On the fact that only 300 are distributed by the club, i don't really think that matters too much, as the idea is for people to use the link to the pdf on the site, print their own, and then distribute those themselves. Last season I did a couple each month, and then gave those to a few mates working in shops in Torquay town, and always put another up at work. If we had more people doing that we could make an impression round the town.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

I distribute 15-20 of these around the Newton Abbot area and you will be surprised how difficult it is sometimes getting places to accept posters and every now and again you get someone who doesnt want them up. You get the odd one in the town centre who say they arent allowed which is a pity but just got to keep asking around until someone says yes but obviously in somewhere which will be noticed.

Last year the supporters trust dealt with these and there was always contact details at the bottom of the poster, it maybe in time that this will be added as the months continue. Space is also a problem, especially when you have a busy month, on A5 one and used to get lost a bit at the bottom.

If you are able to print any and get them around the area then great.......the more the merrier!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I've just printed one out and put it up in my shop window in Yate, That's just North of Bristol. Should attracy a few comments. From Rovers fans no Doubt! and the few Torquay Fans in the area.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843