Craig Stanley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

diamondgirl wrote:
Hear Hear. My sentiments exactly. Same with Branno. Should have stayed when he was offered a contract. Craig Stanley was all set to sign, but decided the grass was greener in Bristol. Seems it's not. :red:
I don't really begrudge Branston going to Bradford. It's possible he thought that it'd be his last contract, and they offered him 2 years, presumably at a higher salary. I think we only offered him 1, right?

In any case, we seemed to get the best out of Guy and it's doubtful that he'd have had another season anywhere near as good. (as evidenced by his Bradford career)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Agree Happytorq. I don't really blame Branno for leaving TUFC and accepting Bradfords offer, but he should have been aware that a 3 year contract was always going to be dodgy, given his age. Anyway, water under the bridge. As you say, and again I agree, I think we had the best of Branno for that one season. I don't think he would have reached those heights the following year. He was good thought, and I'm glad, in the end, that we got him.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."