Angus MacDonald

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Angus MacDonald

Post by Gullscorer »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 82,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure this will happen, and if it does, much will depend on the lad's attitude. Would he take the opportunity and force his way through? What think you?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I think he is a fine player, with a lot of ability and huge potential. I would welcome a further loan.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I think someone said that he was unhappy to be warming our bench, and if Ellis stays then I find it difficult to see him getting in the team. A decent bench player? Yes. But I don't think he wants to do that role.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That was me, spoke to his dad before the Cheltenham semi second leg, and that was very much the impression I got, however it's down to the player not his dad, after advice from his club and coach's maybe he will come back, who knows.

Think at his age and stage of his career he needs to be playing , he is not going to develop much sat on our subs bench, and reading that article is Lingy confident that Mark Ellis is going to sign, as it appears he is talking about Angus completeing the centre back line up, and saying it will be better coming of the bench for us, rather than slogging it out for a conference team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Yeah, every footballer should want to be playing football. Which makes me think maybe some of ours are developing 'incorrectly'. As Yeoman only had one spell away at Bideford (where he excelled) and Palmer ended up playing CM for Truro for half a season. Not many of our youngsters have had a chance to prove themselves at a level similar to ours.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I agree entirely with that which has gone before, but I would suggest that, even if we retain all of our present back line (it's a toss up with Ellis, and there is nothing more we can do about it), Dinger will be looking to rotate the squad a little more next year, having a squad more capable of being involved in the first team to give the regulars a rest.
For this reason, I can see Dinger being able to offer both club and player a much improved deal to last year.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Reading between the lines it doesn't sound as though he will be coming back, which is a shame but given the relative inexperience of both McKenzie and now Cruise (third and fourth choice) for the centre half position it is understandable that Lingy is looking for someone with "at least 100 Football League games under his belt" in other words not Gus MacDonald!

I would still like to see someone like Seip here, or perhaps even a cheeky bid for the out of contract Richard Duffy at Exeter,but either way we certainly need an experienced centre half who is dominant in the air to replace like for like with Mark Ellis.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

centre half to sign next week
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

ROADRUNNER wrote:centre half to sign next week
Gissa clue RR..........?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

cant reveal, he is experienced.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:cant reveal, he is experienced.
Good. But more importantly is he any good?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ROADRUNNER wrote:centre half to sign next week
How is your P-M inbox looking..full :)
Formerly known as forevertufc