Negativity and our finances

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Scott Brehaut wrote:If a tribunal was needed for one of our players (say Ellis for eg) and they set a fee that the buying club couldn't afford, what happens?

Anybody know?
Like you said they can`t afford it, they can`t have it!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Then, surely they lose out?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Both sides are tied to it. If it's more than a side were expecting then that's part of the risk - although it's never going to happen as sides would be able to pay it, it would just add to their losses.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wasn't there some kind of negotiation that happened after the Carayol tribunal? I'd imagine the buying club will at least be able to negotiate how they pay the fee. I can't imagine they would leave a team in the lurch of paying a tonne of cash upfront.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

cambgull wrote:I highly doubt Lingy WANTS Eunan or Bobby to leave but he really isn't doing much to stop it and isn't showing any intention to stop it. Any manager who really wanted a player would reject a bid and then release a statement that the player isn't for sale in the media.
when players have clause's in their contract such as a set figure when that figure is triggered there is not a lot any manager can do about it. I spoke to Martin the other day and the figure for both players is just over £500k and he is very happy with that figure for two players he got for free. The deal for bobby is nearly complete but the offer for Eunan has been accepted but not gone through yet. Martin feels he can rebuild the team with this sum and he has been told by the chairman he can have virtually all the money brought in.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thanks for that post Supergulls, meaning this as a general point to all, of course it's frustrating, we missed out on promotion, and a few of our better players may well be off, but rather than losing your heads over it , see the bigger picture.

We all know our club is not flushed with cash, and our squad finsihed way above in the league where they should have done, out of the three who mayw ell leave, Bobby.O is the only where Lingy will struggle to find a like for like replacement, Eunan and Mark sorry to say it, however it's the truth are evry replacable.

As said by cpgull and others , if all three do go, it will bring in around £600k , even if Lingy only got his hands on 50-60% of that money, it will give him a warchest to bring in the players he wants, and give us a squad with more strenght in depth, get an extra 4 points out of our squad next season, and at last we will be a league 1 club, no need for the negativity.
Formerly known as forevertufc
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

i agree that bobby will be hard to replace as he was outstanding last year and martin said he was the best goalie he has ever worked with, but funnily enough he also said that this was the position he was least worried about refilling as he was very confident he could pick up another goalkeeper.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Players come and go. Bobby is a class act we all know this but there are many keepers out there we could sign and could do us a decent job.
It will surpise many how far say 500k can stretch for some quality player at our level. Not only that, theres players out there who are on a free but some of that budget could help with some wages ect that maybe we wouldnt have been able to offer before.

I know it looks like its dark times, but if they go its exciting times. We will have a more balenced squad which we will benefit from more
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tufcbrett wrote:Players come and go. Bobby is a class act we all know this but there are many keepers out there we could sign and could do us a decent job.
It will surpise many how far say 500k can stretch for some quality player at our level. Not only that, theres players out there who are on a free but some of that budget could help with some wages ect that maybe we wouldnt have been able to offer before.

I know it looks like its dark times, but if they go its exciting times. We will have a more balenced squad which we will benefit from more
Very true Brett, however I can't see us paying out massive transfer fee's though, expect alot will go towrds biger better contracts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

supergulls wrote:when players have clause's in their contract such as a set figure when that figure is triggered there is not a lot any manager can do about it. I spoke to Martin the other day and the figure for both players is just over £500k and he is very happy with that figure for two players he got for free. The deal for bobby is nearly complete but the offer for Eunan has been accepted but not gone through yet. Martin feels he can rebuild the team with this sum and he has been told by the chairman he can have virtually all the money brought in.
Is that £500k for both players in total or £500k for each player?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

forevertufc wrote: Very true Brett, however I can't see us paying out massive transfer fee's though, expect alot will go towrds biger better contracts.
Neither do i, but still means even if theres a player out there worth say 40k we want, then we can get them. But with the amout of players who are out of contract, money to give better contracts will be ideal.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

northyorkshiregull wrote:If the fee we are accepting is so low then surely there will be a dozen club banging the clubs door down to get such a prize asset so cheaply.Although there have been a lot of lookers and EOK agent is touting him to a lot of clubs Crawley are the only ones coming up with a offer
This hits the nail on the head for me. If the club has so severely under-rated the value of EOK with this release clause, surely there would have been a host of clubs meeting the valuation? As it is, it seems that only Crawley think he is worth that sort of figure.

What was the one failing or our side last season? Not enough strength in depth. If by selling a couple of "star" players we can afford to bring in 4 or 5 decent league 2 players to replace the dross we had on the bench last season then I for one am all for it! Just hope it all gets sorted quickly so Lingy can work his magic and get in the players which he has undoubtedly already identified.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Gullscorer wrote: Is that £500k for both players in total or £500k for each player?
That figure was just over £500k for both players combined.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Again, IMO £500k for both players is a jest but like supergulls says, Martin can rebuild the team with most of the cash and that is the most important thing. Bobby is a star and saved us just about every week but i believe most keepers at our level are of a pretty similar standard therefore we could bring in a new keeper and not be too disadvantaged. Also like Jerry says, if we can add a few more numbers to the squad then it would give us more options than the cack on the bench last season.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There should be sell-on clauses so if the players move on again for big bucks we would have some share in the benefit. If there are no such clauses, somebody should be asking serious questions..