Eunan to Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

We are a crap selling club and always have been. I remember we let Mark Ford go for 30 grand after a great season. If we get Bodin plus 50 grand that would be about right for us.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

usagullmichigan wrote:We are a crap selling club and always have been. I remember we let Mark Ford go for 30 grand after a great season. If we get Bodin plus 50 grand that would be about right for us.
Would be typical for us, but totally wrong. :(
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

And Mark Ford did what after he left us?

Played 2 seasons for Darlington in the same division before falling out of the football league head first.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I can't think of loads of players we've let go cheap who have gone on to be huge stars. Maybe Billy Kee will do. David Graham didn't fulfill his potential, Rodney Jack didn't really become a 650k player (I think that's what we got for him?), Matty Gregg never did anything. I don't know what we got for Mike Williamson, but I don't recall too much fuss over his exit.

The only real one I can think of is Jamie Ward, and that was Roberts fault, which can't be apportioned to TUFC.

Waiting for some people to come up with loads of examples now to complete disprove what I've just written!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Very recent examples are... Billy Kee, Zebroski, Carayol, Robbo,and not so sure what Nicky Wroe's fee was!???
Wroe's fee was about £10,000
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Very recent examples are... Billy Kee, Zebroski, Carayol, Robbo,and not so sure what Nicky Wroe's fee was!???
Carayol- out of contract, Robbo coming to end of contract, Zebroski, whilst I liked him, only a league 2 work horse, Nicky Wroe, wasn't he coming to end of contract (may be wrong on that one)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well if Nick Powell is worth £3 million then Eunan is worth at least £750,000 alone without Bobby IMO. I have no doubts that if Nick Powell was a Gull and Man Utd came in for him we'd let him go for about £250,000 as is our consistent ability to woefully undervalue players and get ripped off.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.