Alarm Bells - Eunan to Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Unless Crawley have rivals for his signature ;-)
But surely if the release clause does exist and is set at £175k, every team is just going to bid that and not a penny more as we can't do anything other than let EOK talk to them? Then it'll just come down to who can offer him the biggest wad of cash
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That is the way I see it. We have proper shafted ourselves on this one. Come on Di Canio, do the decent thing and chuck money about like it's going out of fashion. Useless, unreliable Nazi ****.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yes 175k is a piss take, but how much did we pay for him when he joined...................nought. So as an investment its pretty damm good...but why Crawley..come on Evans put in a late bid and all will be forgiven
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

lucy6lucy wrote:Yes 175k is a piss take, but how much did we pay for him when he joined...................nought. So as an investment its pretty damm good...but why Crawley..come on Evans put in a late bid and all will be forgiven
Nooooooooooooooo!

Surely the one thing worse than having him go to Crawley, would be to have him go to another team in our division and have him face us!
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Eunan will want to sign for Crawley. Anyone who travelled to the Broadfield in March will know what a horrible, placid place it is, and a terrible playing surface to boot. Any move would be entirely motivated by money i think, I don't think Eunan will be guaranteed 46 league starts in centre midfield at any other club but ours, he has been given the freedom by Ling to 'play his own game' and he would seldom get that freedom elsewhere either.

He showed glimpses of absolute genius last season, as both games against Argyle will attest, however in a lot of games he was below par- a fact that gets forgotten in amongst the outstanding moments. Not sure other managers would show the same sort of faith to a) build the team around him and b) keep playing him through the inconsistent spells.

From reading his twitter, he has always seemed like someone who feels at home in Torquay, gets involved in the banter, coupled with the fact that we have harnessed his talent into a top lower- league player. He doesn't seem like someone who would sign simply to 'chase the money' he seems a very honourable and 'level-headed' lad, part of the reason he is do popular no doubt.

Yes he is more than capable of playing in league 1 and I will be sad to see him go, I just hope his agent, who has continually given him good advice thus far, can see that another season as Torquay's lynchpin would aid his progression better than being a potential squad player at another club.

Don't think 175k is anywhere near what we should be getting for him really. As a player, and for all our work nurturing him we should really have been looking at double that. It's not a case of Torquay accepting a bid because it meets their evaluation of a player, it's a case of a clause value being met on a contract all parties were keen to sign not so many months ago. Disappointing of course but I should imagine Ling has a plan for either circumstance.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Looks possible
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18412454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

lexusguy wrote:Looks possible
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18412454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Little slow there lexusguy :nod:
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Oooops sorry I did check but it was very late here when I posted lol
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Whilst I feel very angry about the prospect of Crawley benefiting yet again from our apparent lack of resolve (last time we gifted them a lucrative cup tie after surrendering at Plainmoor), we don't know the full story here. £175,000 is a ridiculously low valuation for such a talented player, but I guess that the club agreed to this contract clause (if it exists in that form, which again we don't know for sure) because it either had to (to secure two more years from Eunan) or because it didn't negotiate well with Eunan's agent (which history suggests is possible).

When you see other clubs such as Crawley getting huge transfer fees for players of equal or less ability than Eunan, it suggests that our directors are somewhat naive, but I doubt that we will ever know. What I do know is that we can ill afford to lose Eunan for such a low fee, that I feel sick that he could go to an "ambitious" club that will surely go the way of Rushden & Diamonds in the end and that I am appalled at how a manager can go to the press boasting that he will be talking to another club's CONTRACTED player next week. Just go to hell O'Driscoll.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Regardless of the fee (which is laughable if correct) I for one want to see Eunan go on to bigger and better things.
Eunan - you need your head read if you think Crawley offers this. Just google their ground and their new stand and the decision should be made before even talking to them.
If he signs for them then it is surely a financial decision only and I think Eunan has far more about him than just this. I expect him to turn them down and I hope to be proved right.
There are better things out there for you Eunan - be patient!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Finally confirmed that the release clause does exist and that EOK and his agent asked for it and we agreed to it in order to secure the extension to his contract. Although the figure is not confirmed, the widely reported sum is £175k and it appears, judging by the comments made on the OS, to meet our valuation of the player although it should be remembered that these negotiations were ongoing quite a while back now and were concluded long before EOK's profile rose through his goals against Argyle, our surge to the play offs, his inclusion in the PFA team and his selection for the ROI U21 squad.

Anyway, we will now have to wait and see how the negotiations go between him and SOD at Crawley but as it stands they are the only ones in the running at the moment.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 82,00.html
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Just out of intrest, WHY are creepy the only ones who appear to be intrested in EOK? If he is as good as we all know he is, why are the only club intrested a second rate L1 outfit.?

Just asking.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

diamondgirl wrote:Just out of intrest, WHY are creepy the only ones who appear to be intrested in EOK? If he is as good as we all know he is, why are the only club intrested a second rate L1 outfit.?

Just asking.
If it is only £175k then there is a billy bargain to be had. This is why Eunan needs to choose carefully and not pick the first in which is Cheaty Crawley.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I don't really care where he goes to be honest. he is going to go, so take the money and say see you later.