plainmoor members' club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

ferrarilover wrote: Well, that makes one of you.

Are you nine years old?

Matt.
Yeah i'm nine years old and I follow my football club so religously that i'm deaf to any suggestions on the enhancement of value, I also like to try put others down who don't have the same opinion as me, oh and I love ferraris cos they're super duper cool.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Shread, we always get this at the Fans Forum which are held. Some loser in a Man Utd shirt bleating on about how you can see a Premier League game for just £7 more than you can see a TUFC match. They always get the same answer: **** off and watch your Premier League game then.

Now, that isn't really your point, so lets have a look at your earlier post.

TUFC are not here to 'think outside the box', they are here to provide a football club. You either pony up and watch the match, or you find something better to do. It's a business, it needs to be run as profitably as possible. Economies of scale dictate that it is better to sell 2800 tickets at £18 than it is to sell any other number of tickets at any other price. I don't expect TUFC have plucked the numbers out of their arse.
Football is not like other businesses, cars for example. It's not like they offer an equal product but for less money, so people will come. You might choose to buy a Peugeot rather than a BMW because the Pug is cheaper, which would be a fine decision. However, Swindon Town fans aren't going to defect to Torquay simply because it's £7 cheaper per week to get in. You support who you support, it costs what it costs.
Yeah, I'm sure we could spend thousands of pounds on market research to find the exact tipping point of the E of S, where price and attendance overlap to create greatest income, but we could also take a look about the division, see what others are charging and pitch ourselves at the lower end, precisely as we have done.

If you don't like standing on your own, then stop being such an antisocial motherlover and talk to the people you stand with, that's what I did at my first game in 2004, and I now stand with 15 different friends, none of whom I know outside of Plainmoor. Either that, or do what Austrian Andy did and announce your intended presence at the game on here and see who's going, we'll meet you in B&L.

We could do this ad infinitum, pay £1/month and get 5p off the admission, pay £1000/month and get a blowjob off the Chairman at half time pay £14.27/month and get a free pie with every fifth cup of tea ordered from the Pop side cafe, the possibilities are endless.

If you have £50/month, put it in a pot and save it up, attend just 4 games this season. Talk to loads of people at those 4 games and make some pals. Next year, you'll have 15 x £50 saved, which will buy you an early bird season ticket at £300 (I think) and leave you £450 for petrol and crisps, and you'll have a few mates to talk to. It will cost TUFC precisely £0 in setting up this new scheme which will certainly be less popular than the current one (people will see the headline figure of £50/month and reject it out of hand), and will get you attending every home game of the season, more supporters (well, one more, every little helps), more money for the club, no silly schemes to plug.

As to the very last line in your post, there's no need to chuck your toys out every time I disagree with you. If my opinion means that much to you, then you need a new hobby, and if it doesn't, then it doesn't. Remember, this is the internet, it doesn't mean anything (salient lesson to all, there).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Parry wrote: Yeah i'm nine years old and I follow my football club so religously that i'm deaf to any suggestions on the enhancement of value, I also like to try put others down who don't have the same opinion as me, oh and I love ferraris cos they're super duper cool.
This is such a retarded response that my original reply has gone completely out of the window. Hey ho.

Matt.
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Premier League clubs have enough tv revenue to be able to pay their fans to watch them, hardly a valid comparison is it?
Congrats on either not reading more than the first line, or missing the point like a broken pencil. Matt understood what i was saying, even through his superiority complex.

And see matt now you have finally made an intelligent response to my point, i am game-on for bantering about the disagreement (i still disagree with you) but to start your response by coming up with 1 lame comment which initially also missed the point massively, while acting like you think you are maybe smarter/superior than me??? or know more about business than me???? Doing that is really not going to achieve whatever desired result you had.

I read the boards a lot, i don't comment a lot because of this kind of clique response to a different opinion, and pretty disappointed that as a community it seems you'd choose to alienate someone from contributing more. Hardly doing much for the club is it, hmm? IN my opinion, thinking outside the box with ideas like this is what starts up the majority of successful ventures. Perhaps i am looking at my idea with an overly-optimistic point of view because i make a living out of coming up with ideas like this that has given me a 100%-success track record with every project i've done in 6 years of being self employed. But like i said, there is no way you could prove this wouldn't work, i was just voicing an opinion/suggestion, who knows maybe someone in the biz will read it and come up with their own interpretation that addresses the same problem? I certainly wasn't looking for new buddies - any why you think i'd talk to the people i stand next to is beyond me, all i ever hear come out of their mouths is "i know better" negative remarks about management decisions and players and generally anything possibly able to whine about... hmmm.. maybe i stand next to you guys! :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

the_shredder wrote:Congrats on either not reading more than the first line, or missing the point like a broken pencil. Matt understood what i was saying, even through his superiority complex.

And see matt now you have finally made an intelligent response to my point, i am game-on for bantering about the disagreement (i still disagree with you) but to start your response by coming up with 1 lame comment which initially also missed the point massively, while acting like you think you are maybe smarter/superior than me??? or know more about business than me???? Doing that is really not going to achieve whatever desired result you had.

I read the boards a lot, i don't comment a lot because of this kind of clique response to a different opinion, and pretty disappointed that as a community it seems you'd choose to alienate someone from contributing more. Hardly doing much for the club is it, hmm? IN my opinion, thinking outside the box with ideas like this is what starts up the majority of successful ventures. Perhaps i am looking at my idea with an overly-optimistic point of view because i make a living out of coming up with ideas like this that has given me a 100%-success track record with every project i've done in 6 years of being self employed. But like i said, there is no way you could prove this wouldn't work, i was just voicing an opinion/suggestion, who knows maybe someone in the biz will read it and come up with their own interpretation that addresses the same problem? I certainly wasn't looking for new buddies - any why you think i'd talk to the people i stand next to is beyond me, all i ever hear come out of their mouths is "i know better" negative remarks about management decisions and players and generally anything possibly able to whine about... hmmm.. maybe i stand next to you guys! :)
I love this, if you disagree with me YOU'RE ALLOWED YOUR OPINION!!!!!1111!!!1eleven!!!
If I disagree with you I HAVE A SUPERIORITY COMPLEX !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have done no such thing, and if you read it that way, perhaps that's something to raise with a psychiatrist, since it means you have a complex. (despite this, I am smarter than you, your life's work has amounted to hawking knock off DVDs from a market stall)

Please, do pitch your wondrous, not-at-all-a-complete-waste-of-time-and-money idea to the club, see what they say. Will you take the rejection of a board full of businessmen as a sign that I am right and that your idea sucks in principle, or would you need confirmation from another source? Dragons Den, Lord Sugar, Richard Branston, will these people suffice? Just who has to tell you you're wrong before you'll accept that YOUR IDEA IS DUMB!

Man up, wet pants, it's the **** ing internet. If you believe strongly enough in your opinions, then they'll survive the very gentle prodding I, or anyone else on here, might care to give them.

Successful ventures, self employed yadda yadda, if it's that good an idea, you're that good a businessman and it's your **** ing job, then please, take your idea, and pitch it to all 92 League clubs. Just to make the deal a little sweeter, in addition to the millions of pounds you would undoubtedly be paid for coming up with a scheme which will revolutionise the way people pay to watch football and consequently make the early adopters vast riches, I'll give you a fiver for every Chairman who doesn't laugh you out of his office. Deal?

Missed this initially, this damned colour coding thing is needlessly difficult, I'm going back to multi quoting!
I haven't made my first 'intelligent' response, I've made the first reply which didn't directly and completely contradict your theory, so it appeals to you more, so you choose to call it intelligent. How much thought do you imagine goes into these posts? I'm sat here, revising the rule in Rylands v Fletcher, watching 2.5 men, drinking tea and typing on here. I just set my mind to stun (also been watching HIGNFY) and let my fingers type until I find they have typed my name and it is time to post.

Again guys, IT'S THE INTERNET!

Matt.
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

I apologise - i've arrived here with my "meaningful discussion" hat on by mistake. I have now burned it, and wearing my troll hat.

I thoroughly enjoyed your mocking of my idea and career. Hearing it summarised in such a fasion sounds great up here on my high horse of generally being better than you at everything ever. (Oh look trolling is fun!) i can say whatever i want and only mean the bits i choose later.
Hey guess what, i had another idea once even stupider than this one, that was to teach people to play guitar with a my own way of doing things, thinking outside the box - silly me, of course everyone thought it was a stupid idea. I suck at guitar!!! Didn't stop the dvd i made and sell becoming a best-seller around the world, outselling the musical equivalent of the football leagues own tired ideas. Spawnd a music empire from it too.

I'd like to quote you on "hey ho" now: Hey ho.

It turns out, evolution doesn't exist, and the world is already in optimum efficiency mode!! OOOH!! We've finished the game of life! Nothing will ever change or improve. And no idea will ever get taken on board by the chairman, because YOU deemed it stupid. You with WHAT experience in being a chairman of a football club, or generally having a career in good ideas??????????????????????????????????????????????? oh i thought so.

so ESS TEE EFF YEW douchebag, go back to m*sturbating over ashtun kutcher
EDIT: :na:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

This thread has turned into sheer brilliance! It's nice to be the outsider on an argument for once!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

:) in all honesty, i'm a nice person and would never wish bad in any shape or form, on anyone.

However, when internet forum mode is engaged, i'll give as good as i get, so if i get shit, you can guarantee to read a pile of dung from me too :devil:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

the_shredder wrote: Congrats on either not reading more than the first line, or missing the point like a broken pencil.

I got your point and then made another point that you failed to notice, probably because you were in the throes of a little spat with Matt. I'll make it again just in case you still fail to grasp it.

Premier League clubs have enough tv revenue to be able to pay their fans to watch them, hardly a valid comparison is it? If a club like Saints can win promotion to the Premier League and start talking about how it's worth £90million how the hell can the cost of seeing them be used in comparison to watching little old TUFC? Shall we drop the cost of watching Torquay to 10p a match and see where we end up? I give the Board a lot of stick when I feel it's deserved but do you really think £18 is too high? I'm sure they spent a long time considering the subject and if that's what they decide we need to pay to attend a game then I'm not going to moan about it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You do wonder how some clubs in the PL make a loss. How established clubs like Everton constantly make a loss is beyond me.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Luke, I'm baffled by that too. It can only be the players wages if a Club like Everton are always struggling. Market forces, the greed at the top level is killing the game, I'm glad I support a club like ours to be honest.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

the_shredder wrote:I apologise - i've arrived here with my "meaningful discussion" hat on by mistake. I have now burned it, and wearing my troll hat.

I thoroughly enjoyed your mocking of my idea and career. Hearing it summarised in such a fasion sounds great up here on my high horse of generally being better than you at everything ever. (Oh look trolling is fun!) i can say whatever i want and only mean the bits i choose later.
Hey guess what, i had another idea once even stupider than this one, that was to teach people to play guitar with a my own way of doing things, thinking outside the box - silly me, of course everyone thought it was a stupid idea. I suck at guitar!!! Didn't stop the dvd i made and sell becoming a best-seller around the world, outselling the musical equivalent of the football leagues own tired ideas. Spawnd a music empire from it too.

I'd like to quote you on "hey ho" now: Hey ho.

It turns out, evolution doesn't exist, and the world is already in optimum efficiency mode!! OOOH!! We've finished the game of life! Nothing will ever change or improve. And no idea will ever get taken on board by the chairman, because YOU deemed it stupid. You with WHAT experience in being a chairman of a football club, or generally having a career in good ideas??????????????????????????????????????????????? oh i thought so.

so ESS TEE EFF YEW douchebag, go back to m*sturbating over ashtun kutcher
EDIT: :na:
Guessing you sold them all at 1p, because hey, it's better to sell a million at 1p than 100,000 at £10. Oh, no, wait, that's not right, is it?

Can't be a very big 'empire' if you haven't got £18 to pony up for your missus to attend a game. Hardly Joe Perry, are you.

Come on then, Amazon link us to this DVD that changed the music industry forever...

Matt.
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

Errrm nope you are still missing the point. You can't tell me you're not, coz it's my point - i know what it is, you have to do your best to understand it, and i'm telling you, you got it wrong. :P

You said: "Premier League clubs have enough tv revenue to pay their fans to watch them, hardly a fair comparison is it?" I pre-empted this with "Premier League clubs have other income..." so why you are even mentioning a clubs revenue i have no idea. Even in making a different point, revenue doesn't come in to it. I don't know if you're trying to say Prem clubs can afford to under-charge their tickets coz they have other income, i hope not, coz that's stupid and missing my point.

Once again, my point, hopefully YOU can grasp it this time, now i've broken this message down for you into itty-bitty pieces :) : if i supported villa, and could watch them play man u/chelsea/city/other teams full of some of the best talent in the world, £25/£30 for an afternoon watching some truly gifted individuals entertain me is great, and in this day and age, IMO represents value for money. On the other hand, if you reduce the talent of said players by 10-fold, and the quality of the stadium/overall experience, you can't simply slice off a tenner and expect the value for money to be just as good... sure it's still good value to die-hard fans, GOOD FOR YOU! enjoy scratching your heads wondering why most kids in torquay don't give a shit about the gulls. For most of them, it'd take up 1 third of their weekly JSA :P the town has an unusually high proportion of low-income earners, come on this isn't news to anyone?

Hang on hang on, i'm clearly off my rocker, our attenances are great, the value for money is great, and any suggestion that would result in bigger attendances and more money to the club is just daft! WTF AM I THINKING trying to solve a problem, yes a real problem. Resume living in your static state of everything being fine. Say hello to bateson for me too he loved a good ol' leave things how they are despite the rot setting in...

And matt i'll happily send you the link via PM
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

So, in essence, you still don't understand the fact that you can't make a comparison between a Premiership club and us?
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

usagull say's pass the popcorn.