Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

tufcbrett wrote: I would suggest its not, i thought we would have sorted out a deal today but looks likley to be sorted in the loan window instead.
Apologies then - guess you know more than you're letting on! Sounds like an exciting signing...
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Just going to wait and see if i hear anything more before saying any more. Was told there was a chance we could have someone in today but if not it should be sorted when the loan window opens. With Ling saying he will be doing his buisness in Feb, my guess is we will have to wait.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Billys on the bench tonight for the Robins. :slap:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

tufcbrett wrote:Just going to wait and see if i hear anything more before saying any more. Was told there was a chance we could have someone in today but if not it should be sorted when the loan window opens. With Ling saying he will be doing his buisness in Feb, my guess is we will have to wait.
Unfortunately the thing is with Bodin and STFC, or more pertinently Paulo Di Canio, you just don't know what will happen next. Having said he (Bodin) was 90% sure to be leaving on a permanent deal , rather than a loan deal, just yesterday, by 11.00 this morning the local press in Swindon are reporting that Bodin is staying and doesn't want to leave and by 7.00pm tonight he is in the matchday squad to play Southend so absolutely no chance of getting him in on a permanent deal now then!

Have to say that given that PDC seems to change his mind on a regualr basis I am really not convinced that we will see Bodin come back on a loan deal either - would love to be proved wrong, but I just get the feeling that after today he may well have made his mind up to keep him now until the end of the season. In all honesty I doubt that the "attraction" of saving a few quid on his wages is that appealing given the money Swindon seem to be throwing around and the cash offers they are turning down - so guess money is pretty much no object. So for that reason, I cannot see the idea of loaning him to a promotion rival would carry much appeal. I think we should go back one more time, when the loan window re-opens and try to get him but if we get knocked back, we should shift our attentions to other targets.
Mr_T1nker
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by Mr_T1nker »

He's just put Swindon 4-1 up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep Bodin has just scored for Swindon as Bathy says, however as said before , At £150 k he was not come here, and whilst I have no idea, I should imagine our club has already moved on, forget Bodin.
Last edited by Dave on 31 Jan 2012, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

bathy wrote:He's just put Swindon 4-1 up
Yep, within 5 minutes of coming on.

I seriously think we can put this one to bed now - he's staying at Swindon and any chance we had of getting him disappeared today. Shame, but hopefully Lingy has other targets in mind when the loan window reopens as we are desperately short of cover in the forward positions.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

So going back to the first post, cheers Billy, and good luck.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The Football League Paper reports that Billy is shortly to be approached by Swansea City. Would be good for him to be involved in a Prem set up if not actaully get a game.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I see Bodin scored the opener for Swindon tonight......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thought I'd bring this one up instead of a new one, but has anyone else seen that he's on standby for the full Welsh squad?

Kudos. Would be a good achievement (I know it's Wales), but fair play to the lad. Hopefully Lingy can get him back here in some way this summer.