Jo Kuffour Released

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow Tree
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Jo Kuffour Released

Post by Yellow Tree »

Any chance on a return??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18144358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Good player but we wouldn't be able to afford him. Supposedly on a few thousand a week at Bristol Rovers last year.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'd have him back definately, not normally a fan of players returning to old stomping grounds, but little jo's def got a few years left in him

anyway whatever st martin decides, i'll side with his decision
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Wouldn't be surprised if we went after Simon King. He went on loan to Argyle last year, experienced centre half back from a nasty injury and he can also play left back. Sounds like the sort of bloke Lingy is after.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

royalgull wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if we went after Simon King. He went on loan to Argyle last year, experienced centre half back from a nasty injury and he can also play left back. Sounds like the sort of bloke Lingy is after.
I wouldn't be surprised if he (King) went back to Argyle in all honesty - rather him than Mark Ellis! As I mentioned on another thread I hope we might make a move for Plymouth based, ex Argyle defender and currently free agent Marcel Seip who is a defender who can play both Left Back and Centre Half (ideal!) and wants to get fixed up with a local club after leaving Bradford City where he was only on a short term contract. That said,it may well be that Seip proves too expensive for us and Lingy will go for the cheaper option, such as the young lad (Davies) that we had on trial here a few weeks back following his release from Cardiff City.

As for Kuffour, no chance on two counts, firstly far too expensive for us these days and also one of the reasons given by him for wanting a move away from Bristol was a desire to move closer to London. I can see him getting fixed up with someone like Leyton Orient.