Can we do it?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Can we do it?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Martin "bob the builder" Ling, is going with a front three of scoop,muck and dizzy, can we do it ? yes we can. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stevegull wrote:Shame the rest of the matrix films sucked balls.

:nod: :bow:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

forevertufc wrote:Martin "bob the builder" Ling, is going with a front three of scoop,muck and dizzy, can we do it ? yes we can. :)
McPhee has been auditioning for the part of 'Dizzy' all season!! :lol:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Of course we can.

Because football “is a funny old game”, and we have four of the best players in the division. How many have Cheltenham got?

It will be difficult without Rene, but not impossible. Any early goal and a rocking Plainmoor will put them in the hot seat.

I’m on the Blue pill and in my world Gulls always overcome Robins, especially if there are Magpies about....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes we can, nothing is impossible
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Can we do it? - Yes

Will we do it? - Doubt it
Exkeeper
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by Exkeeper »

As a Shrews fan, I well remember us being 2-0 down from the Ist leg in last season's play-offs, ( I can't remember who to).
We failed to score early in the return, against a well organised defence, and went out with a whimper.
You may do it, but I fear the odds are stacked against you.
Good luck anyway, and for next season.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

thanks exkeeper, im sure your right but never say cant, good luck to you for next season.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

Having watched Man city come back from the death deep into injury time .2 goals from the Gulls is not mission impossible.

Who dares wins (to borrow a moto!)

Nothing to lose all to gain
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest, their is no point turning up Thursday unless you believe you can overturn the 2.0 scoreline, and the answer of course is yes, 2.0 is a awful scoreline to defend as often the other team does not know whehter to stick or twist.

Despite my replies , I have voted no, because we could barely cope with their pace Sunday, think they will defend strongly and try to use that pace to pick us off, sadly think they will get a goal, then we will need to do something we have hardly done all season, score 3 goals just force extra time and pens.

Hope I am wrong, can't see it however.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Most important thing is the players believe they can do it :-

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 75,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i say we do our part as fans, and get behind them 100%.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

We can do it, but I don't think we will!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer wrote:Do what...??
Have a swedish style toga party , with lots of busty ladlies :) where's my doctor , I am having those dreams again :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Man City had players on the pitch who could score blindfolded, we have Atieno who looks like he PLAYS blindfolded! We haven't got enough goals in the team and Rene if fit looks f****d anyway. Jarvis is probably our dangerman and i'd rather have McPhee on than Atieno because what i saw of Tai on sunday was nothing short of breathtakingly bad. He couldn't control the football, he didn't jump or challenge for crosses he failed to make runs and in short i was raging at his 'performance' so much in such a critical game that if he never played for us again then i'd get out the champers. What a waste of space. And for those who were slating Morris on sunday you need your head examining. He was the only one trying to gee up the players and fans, the only one willing to have a go at goal and he worked really hard. OK so he is slow but i can't fault his workrate and committment. I've not read the match thread as i have only got this pc for an hour as mine is broke so apolgies if all has been mentioned on there but i've not had chance to post since before the chelts game until now. So just to sum up, Tai can go and f**k off, everyone needs to give it their all and we need at least two goals.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.