Who will win the playoffs?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Crewe deserved their win I reckon and moved the ball very quickly at times. Mmmmmmmm...... dont think we would handle them too well and rather hope Southend scrape through as, if we get past Cheltenham, I believe we would stand a better chance in the final
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Not sure that I agree that Southend would be a better bet to play against in the final. Tonight's match was just one game, the first leg and you really can't conclude much on the basis of this one game. No doubt that Crewe are a decent side, with a number of talented players, but they do play with an open style. I think we outplayed then at Plainmoor, and could do that at Wembley (if we get there!!). Southend are a tough, uncompromising side, who will still be hard for Crewe to beat over the two legs. They don't play an open style, and try to strangle the game in the hope of getting a goal or two. I think Southend are a very difficult side to outplay, let's not forget that Luggy probably planned to draw and, at worst, not lose by more than one. Negativity is Luggy's middle name. On balance (if we get there!!) I would prefer Crewe in the final.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

i wouldnt want Southend, Correct me if I'm wrong but our record against Sturrock teams is terrible I cant remember the last time we beat one!

Ive said for months Crewe would win the Playoffs. They are in form and they are playing well under Davis....Obviously now were here I hope I'm wrong!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

It's a one off at Wembley so I really don't care who we would get IF we get through. My thoughts go with preferrring Sarfend as Crewe are the form side but what do I know? Yes, didly squat and thats why form goes out of the window in the big game. It's 8 o'clock here on Sunday morning and I am up and preparing to leave for Cheltenham, well, not for an hour or so yet as Mrs H is running around in her dressing gown cleaning the world as royalty might turn up unexpected at any moment 8/ JUST LEAVE THE BLO**** HOOVER OUT OF IT!!! She's going shopping in downtown Chelt while I'm with the yellow army :-D

Who will win the PF's? We will of course COYYS :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!