Lets talk tactics

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

All well and good saying play 4-4-2, drop Morris and Stevens. OK but then that means you are playing two completely unconventional wingers and you also have to drop one of the centre midfielders. I presume you would play O Kane on one side and Jarvis the other? Not sure how that improves our team.

It also means IF it goes wrong we have no alternative to change the game. Other than playing 1 up front which won't improve our chances of getting another goal in my opinion.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

In another thread I've advocated bringing Jarvis in for Morris, in which case I'd want to see him play closer to Howe, though what we'd then do with Danny I don't know, though most of our width on Saturday came from the fullbacks anyway.

However, I've just remembered that in our league match at Cheltenham, their main tactic was high balls towards the diminutive Nicho, in which case perhaps the tall and defensive minded Morris back there to help him out might be an idea, in which case (if Howe's fit) I'd maybe start with the team that started on Saturday, but pass the ball rather than hoofing long every time. In particular, get Eunan on the ball - with Damo being nearer to the defense he tends to get the ball out from them, and no offence to him, but his distribution isn't Eunan's, as we saw in the improvement second half.