how many games Torquay united have you watched

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Alexgulls has to be the most committed fan for Torquay. I think in the last 3 or 4 seasons I have only known him to miss 2 games and they were both midweek and he couldn't get time off work to get to them.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

popside_yidlad wrote:Havent been to an away game since grimsby away due to bad experience on a mini bus supplied by travel club and I will never travel with them again. But as for home games I rarely miss one. I play rugby league tho so get occasional overlap in summer months
southerners "playing" rugby league.......... :-o :no: whatever next.................. =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: southerners "playing" rugby league.......... :-o :no: whatever next.................. =D
Not just playing it but beating you northeners at your own game. We got to national quarters 2 years ago. Several of lads I play with have played/still play for England lionhearts (amateur national team). Sadly im not as good as them unfortunately, like to think not too bad tho lol.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

popside_yidlad wrote: Not just playing it but beating you northeners at your own game. We got to national quarters 2 years ago. Several of lads I play with have played/still play for England lionhearts (amateur national team). Sadly im not as good as them unfortunately, like to think not too bad tho lol.

:clap: =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

bornagull wrote:At yesterdays game a couple of guys in the pub mentioned that it was very strange how certain people on this site are always logged on when we are playing. So today I thought I would look this up, and yes there are many this season, Westbay gull and supernickyrowe, to mention a few, seem to always be on line when we are playing. Perhaps they log on from the game, or do these people just never go to any of our matches? It just seems odd to me how anyone can comment on the team, match, tactics etc when they are not watching the game.
And just to start it off my first match was vrs Aston villa 1970/71 season aged 6 and for my sins still follow the yellow army

Or maybe some of them just might have different and varying reasons for not attending and to crititising them for not doing so is at best thoughtless in the extreme.

Take for instance somebody who just maybe disabled and has to rely on others to attend? The one I know logs on. In one case I know of a supporter who has attended only once this season, and regularly logs on, drove down from Glasgow to take a disabled person to the Bristol Rovers match. Is he not allowed to comment?

I also know of people that will log on at the game to provide those who can't attend their views on the game.

Jeepers can you believe the thoughtlessness of some people?

THINK !
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Dave_Pougher wrote:
Or maybe some of them just might have different and varying reasons for not attending and to crititising them for not doing so is at best thoughtless in the extreme.

Take for instance somebody who just maybe disabled and has to rely on others to attend? The one I know logs on. In one case I know of a supporter who has attended only once this season, and regularly logs on, drove down from Glasgow to take a disabled person to the Bristol Rovers match. Is he not allowed to comment?

I also know of people that will log on at the game to provide those who can't attend their views on the game.

Jeepers can you believe the thoughtlessness of some people?

THINK !
Don't have a problem with that at all, how could anybody, we are all fans after all and this is a forum! The comments from those who can't go are usually very supportive and passionate. I do, however, have a problem when people who have not been to a game start slagging off the team, the tactics, the manager, the "bottle" of the side in very negative, and sometimes very unpleasant/rude/abusive terms. Just have a look at the comments during the Hereford game, have a look at Brucie's comments on a game that he clearly didn't go to, have a look at Coley's very nasty comments about Mansell. The right to comment brings with it the responsibility to be reasonable, we are supposed to be supporters.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

First game 1954. Very regular supporter 1957 to1967 when I left the Bay
This season been over for Gillingham and Crewe home games. Last 2 away Old Trafford last May and Weymouth Boxing Day 2009.
On match days I log in to Sky Sports Centre which is excellent.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bornagull wrote:At yesterdays game a couple of guys in the pub mentioned that it was very strange how certain people on this site are always logged on when we are playing. So today I thought I would look this up, and yes there are many this season, Westbay gull and supernickyrowe, to mention a few, seem to always be on line when we are playing. Perhaps they log on from the game, or do these people just never go to any of our matches? It just seems odd to me how anyone can comment on the team, match, tactics etc when they are not watching the game.
And just to start it off my first match was vrs Aston villa 1970/71 season aged 6 and for my sins still follow the yellow army

Not read the rest of the posts on this thread which i'll get round to doing later but just had to respond to the OP in as inoffensive way as i can as it really p****d me off. Just say you live in Torquay bornagull and you supported Leeds United. I take it you would travel to Leeds every home game then? No, didn't think so. There are some things in life you see that affect our decisions to go to football matches. They include money, of which you would need lots if you were to go to Leeds every home game, family committments, wear and tear on the car, and the slight hindrance of living 300 bloody miles away. I don't even really know why i am replying to this post as it's so ridiculously brainless that i've wasted 5 minutes of my life. Rest assured bornagull, I attend as many matches as i can possibly get to ( mostly away ) but see enough of the team on a regular basis to notice how patterns form with regards team tactics, formations, attitude, etc and make my decisions based on these. I personally don't comment on tactics or performance unless i've been to the game and anyone who does is probably a bit simple but they can post an overall opinion based on other factors. Oh and i've been to about 80 games, 2 at Plainmoor and my first game being our 1-0 away win at Sixfields on the opening day of our promotion season under Leroy.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yellowtilidie wrote:I think finally somebody has got the point in this thread, summed up nicely by Bixieupnorth.

Bornagull was trying to find out whether comments made on Saturday were true or just pub talk!

(as i was there with him on saturday) but judging by a few of the comments & abuse from fellow "torquay untied fans"? we'll stick to watching our team play and let the likes of ferrarilover rule the webpages!

Why not be honest and change your name from ferrarilover to orangefocusdriver.
I did not respond to this thread because I was unsure of it's intention, however if you start a thread by saying....
At yesterdays game a couple of guys in the pub mentioned that it was very strange how certain people on this site are always logged on when we are playing. So today I thought I would look this up, and yes there are many this season, Westbay gull and supernickyrowe, to mention a few, seem to always be on line when we are playing. Perhaps they log on from the game, or do these people just never go to any of our matches?

Then Bornagull and your good self must understand to some that will come across as a mild personal attack, and questioning the loyality of Westbay,s-n-w and all the exiles that use this site.

Why choose to mention these posters, does Bornagull know them.No, I on the other hand know both of them both very well, Westbaygull has over the years been a regular visitor to plainmoor, and S-N-W gets down when he can, however I know often goes to away matchs when the team is up north, and thats the point , if you want to find out about fan's supporting habbits fine, leave out the personal "digs" That is the reason why some have reacted the way they have.

Me went to my first match in 1980 aged 11, never missed a home match through to 1988 went a few away, became an on/off supporter for a while getting to as many games as I could due to a number of reasons, came back as a regular fan in 2005 , been a season ticket holder since 2006.

Don't get to anywhere near the number of away matchs I would like, due to work, family and money, so this season did all home pre-season, all 23 league home games, and Rovers-Plymouth-Hereford away.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I actually want to take this opportunity to apologise for having only been to Plainmoor twice in my life ( Vale and Crewe ) this season. I didn't really start watching th Gulls regularly away until about 4 years ago but before then i went to the odd game maybe about 5 a season. Now i want to go all the time and i live for saturdays whether i go or not and in the last 4 years i've been to probably about 75% of away games each season. I suppose i should have been to Plainmoor on many more occasions but just didn't manage to get round to it at all. I'm so glad i've now been a couple of times and despite me being a bit ill on both trips i loved every single minute of them and felt a real and true part of my club which is remarkable for an 'outsider'. Next season may see the number of away games i attend go down slightly as i have started a new job and work alternate weekends but i'll definately do my best to get to Plainmoor at least 5 times.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

I've been to every home match this season, 2 last season and 8 away games this season, not too bad for a skint student!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I've just read the thread title :

How many games Torquay United, have you watched ?

If I was Torquay United in person, I would respond with, "I've done more than watch, I've participated in every game in Torquay United history."

;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
TorquayBoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by TorquayBoy »

My grandad has been going to games 1956 every game at home and many away! He took me to my first match against Oxford in 2007 and I have been to every match, I am fifteen now :)
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I get to probably on average 10 or so home games a season and I've been to about 6 or 7 away this year. I know that's nowhere near as much as some people and I accept that. I love Torquay United and it's a big part of my life, it's just not the only part of my life. I have a job in which I often work weekends and Tuesday afternoons, I have a ladyfriend, I have a lot of other interests. If I don't go to the game, I don't comment on the specifics. I am keen to find out what the people who went have to say about it though and I'll always watch the highlights (even if I've been).

So I don't know, maybe I'm not the most commited fan in the world in terms of giving up my time on a Saturday, but I'm no less passionate. I can't tell if that's what the OP was implying or not.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

If this forum was only populated by those who went to games, then the forum would be a lesser place because of it.

Because some can't get to games for whatever reason, it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

The saying of the Press is publish and be dammed, so post away on here and expect the usual suspects to rip into you. :devil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"