Good Luck saturday!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Good Luck saturday!!!

Post by friendlygas »

Jealous as hell of you but all the best for Saturday.You've had an incredible season and really deserve to go up BUT that said...for purely selfish reasons I want Crawley and Southend to go up!!
Also I don't really want Hereford to go down and the only way they have a chance of staying up is to beat you.
From my point of view be great to have as many local teams as possible in this division next season so my ideal choice will be for this division to have yourselves,Exeter,Plymouth,Hereford,Wycombe,Oxford, Aldershot and Cheltenham to keep the mileage down!!!
From our point of view I just wish the last two home games had been our first two games of next season- 12 goals in two games has been unbelievable and as for Muzzy IMO the best player in this division by a country mile. Just wonder if we can keep hold of him!!
Anyway my main point was to wish you the best of luck and unselfishly hope you go up as think you deserve it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Many thanks friendlygas, even throught he hieght of the Buckle banter you were in my opinion a most welcome away fan member of our board. :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Many thanks friendlygas! :-D

Are you hoping for Luton to go up this year so Buckle (excuse my language) can make a trip to the mem next season?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

You will be suprised to hear muzzy was poor for us for ages and only really turned up in the last few months of stay here. Muzzy has come on leaps and bounds since then. We all know he has thing for London tho so watch out if a club from Birmingham comes in for him lol
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Muzzy always turned up towards the end of the season when there is nothing to play for. Think he did the same for Lincoln too. Only really delivered when the chips weren't down.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

As regards Luton ,to be honest I have NEVER liked their fans but as regards Buckle to be honest I haven't really got a lot against him.Unfortunately it didn't work out for us with him and I am sure he WILL get one hell of a lot of stick if he comes to the Mem as I have never known our supporters to hate someone as much as they did Buckle and fairly early in the season for a lot of them. I was one of the reluctant ones to get rid of him too early but in all honesty he should have gone about a month earlier than he did because it became pretty clear that he was not going to turn our fortunes around.
If he does get Luton up then well done to him.
You all might be interested that the rumour on our forum is that Craig Stanley has been advised to find a new club.Don't know how true that is but know that you rated him very highly.He's another who although I quite like him the majority don't think he's good enough. Zebroski falls into a similar category but I hope he stays as I am sure he wil have a much better season next year.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

As much as I was not Zebs biggest fan when he was here I would snap your arm off to have him back.
I found him lazy defensively and selfish offensively.
But he has pace, can dribble and as we know can score goals. Under lingy he might just be a little less selfish and of better use to us. With lingys policy of players living closer not likely to happen tho.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lazy defensively? Seriously?

That is one accusation that could never be aimed at Zebs.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Absolutely, he only ran round when it suited him. He more often than not did not chase back.
He should be have given more week in, week out not just in the big games
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Absolute rubbish.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Completely agree with SG, Zeb was one of the most hardworking players every game he played for us. He often looked lazy, as he had a 'lazy' running style if that makes sense, but he worked very hard, chased back every time and scored goals. I'd have him back.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i was never zebs biggest fan to be honest, found him quite frustrating much of the time because of the simple things he used to balls up time and again, but i'd never question his work-rate and effort.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Work ethic and rate from Zebs has Always been superb for us.His poroblem is that he couldnt control a sack of spuds most of the time and also manages to get booked for the lost stupid fouls. I would still give him next season as he has scored a couple of cracking goals and maybe MM can bring the best out of him.