Season Ticket Prices

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Season Ticket Prices

Post by Tq2Yellow »

With the announcement of next season's ticket prices I would like to put on record to the board my thanks for holding their prices in this difficult financial environment. I would hope that those that can afford it get their money into the club as soon as they can so our club can gain from the interest.

Would also like to see us using some of the tactics used by other clubs to increase our turnover.

I would like to see the last two / three blocks of Bristow's Bench to be put over to away supporters with no standing area at all - this way we can charge seating prices to the away support at the higher price.

I would also like to see our 'buy on the day' prices higher, this can ONLY be achieved by help from our local council / businesses / schools / hotels selling allocations of tickets for us prior to matches for collection on the day - this will make tickets more available for locals who don't have to spend their petrol money just to get tickets.

We all need to get behind our local team regardless of whether you can actually get to the matches. Our team is doing wonders on minimum resources - let's all support them!

Come on you yellows!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Tq2Yellow wrote:I would also like to see our 'buy on the day' prices higher, this can ONLY be achieved by help from our local council / businesses / schools / hotels selling allocations of tickets for us prior to matches for collection on the day - this will make tickets more available for locals who don't have to spend their petrol money just to get tickets.
So what about those of us who have to travel for miles and spend ridiculous amounts of money on petrol to then have to pay a higher price on the day? No thanks!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Cambgull
That's why I said businesses etc should be arranged so that those that have to travel long distances are not disadvantaged in having to use extra petrol - surely it's not beyond reason to have a system where you can pay in advance and collect the ticket on the day or even the match before?
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Oh I totally agree on that one, I've long said online ticketing is the way forward. People impulse buy and they won't do that if they have to phone up or visit the ground.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I fully agree with the first part of your post, I am a long time season ticket holder and will renew mine as soon as I can, freezing prices would have been a very tough decision indeed for the board, and I hope that plus the prospect of league 1 football next season will attract more season ticket holders than ever before, season ticket sales are vital to our club.

Not sure I have entirely understood the seond part of your post (forgive me if I have it wrong), my view is the club should not in any way make it more expensive for away fan's or Torquay exiles, or add any hassle to exiles supporting Torquay.

alot of exiles like to arrive at the ground pay thier money and take thier place, many might be put off if they have to book before hand to avoid paying more money, and run the risk of finding a parking space if they have arrived late, and than going to the ticket office only to find they have made yet another admin error.

And why make more tickets availble to locals, we could not sell out Plymouth, Swindon and Rovers home, it is the apethetic locals who are the very reason why our gates are so low, if it was not for the good number of exiles who travel down match after match, and big respect to them all, our home gates would be beyond embarrasing, so please lets not make it more difficult or expensive for them.

And as far as away fan's are concerned I would rather have 300 paying £18 than 150 paying £ 20, again it's them who often make up for the missing locals.
Last edited by Dave on 08 Apr 2012, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Here, here forever! :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The issue isn't prices, it isn't outlets, it isn't profile or anything else, the reason our gates are so hopeless is the Premier League.

Went to the development game the other day and sat behind me were a couple of gents, one of whom had his two (very fecking annoying) nippers with him. The more annoying and slightly older of the two kids was probably about 7 or 8 (I'm hopeless at guessing children's ages, they could have been 6 months or 35, I can't tell) and he knew the names of every single Argyle player on show. He knew their positions, their strenghts and weaknesses and clearly went to every Argyle match. Yet, upon seeing they Plymouth are to play a Man Utd XI in a friendly in early May, he creamed himself with excitement. "Ohhh, dad, can we go down the away end for United, I love Man United so much, they're the best team." Bollocks kid, you live in Plymouth, you couldn't point to Manchester on a map and you couldn't possibly hope to tell me the date of the Munich air disaster or the year of the first European Cup win. You couldn't pick Georgie Best out of a line up and you certainly haven't ever been to Old Trafford.

Until we get this stupid attitude out of our children that they MUST, at all costs, support one of the big four (well, Arsenal haven't won a trophy since that season which was interrupted by the impact of the asteroid which killed the dinosaurs, Chelsea are crap, Liverpool are an embarrassment to the badge and City have spent £443.4 million on one FA Cup in 4 years, hardly a big four, more like a big one and some hangers on), football at our level will continue to struggle to attract people. It's much easier to sit at home watching Sky Sports than it is to get yourself down to Plainmoor, especially on a cold, wet Tuesday night when the match on offer is TUFC v Macclesfield Town.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"