burton albion v torquay united - 17/3/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

By the way. What the f*****g hell is the SCHOONER ARMY?!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's probably a private joke which i'll never hope to comprehend. :-/ :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
devonboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by devonboy »

Great day, great support as usual. Such a shame they don't let a drum in but we made some good noise anyway. How many will we take to Hereford on the last day??
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

1000s!!!!! lol
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

The first rule of Schooner Club is we do not talk about Schooner club!!

Basically one of our crazy fans, don't think he posts on here - more is the pity- was entertaining us on the supporters coach on way from Gillingham this season with stories about his love for Sherry. To some amusement he revealed the proper way to imbibe said drink was by drinking it from a Schooner, a drinking vessel none of us were familiar with. Since then the social networking phenomenon that is facebook has been used to inform as many people as possible about the art of drinking a nice glass of Sherry from the time honoured traditional Schooner. It even led to same fan telling Steve Evans at Crawley to sit down, shut up and have a Schooner of Sherry.

This movement has gathered new fans and is gaining momentum, but essentially is just an in joke from a bunch of bored fans conjured up on a long journey home from a disappointing defeat.

Don't even get us started on the unique insults you hear flying about from the back step army!!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

bengull wrote:The first rule of Schooner Club is we do not talk about Schooner club!!

Basically one of our crazy fans, don't think he posts on here - more is the pity- was entertaining us on the supporters coach on way from Gillingham this season with stories about his love for Sherry. To some amusement he revealed the proper way to imbibe said drink was by drinking it from a Schooner, a drinking vessel none of us were familiar with. Since then the social networking phenomenon that is facebook has been used to inform as many people as possible about the art of drinking a nice glass of Sherry from the time honoured traditional Schooner. It even led to same fan telling Steve Evans at Crawley to sit down, shut up and have a Schooner of Sherry.

This movement has gathered new fans and is gaining momentum, but essentially is just an in joke from a bunch of bored fans conjured up on a long journey home from a disappointing defeat.

Don't even get us started on the unique insults you hear flying about from the back step army!!!
This sums it up pretty much. Basically he's also the same guy everyone in the ground at Plainmoor can hear shouting "COME ON UNITED" Before each game.

The Schooner Army will be there in full voice at Swindon and I think Danny (on here) will have a flag aswell to go along with it! :scarf: :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bengull wrote:The first rule of Schooner Club is we do not talk about Schooner club!!

:lol: I bet Evans even took you up on your offer before becoming annoyed that there was no beef wellington accompaniment! Cheers Ben & Alex, sounds a good laugh but i'll leave it to you in the know :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

AlexGulls wrote: This sums it up pretty much. Basically he's also the same guy everyone in the ground at Plainmoor can hear shouting "COME ON UNITED" Before each game.

The Schooner Army will be there in full voice at Swindon and I think Danny (on here) will have a flag aswell to go along with it! :scarf: :scarf:

Good summary Ben and yep I'll have a flag soon to go along with the Yellow Army - Schooner Army! It shall make its first football experience at Oxford away! It is a great laugh :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.