The year of 2012..so far

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

The year of 2012..so far

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I found the Argyle v TUFC programme from the game in January the other day, and had a little flickthrough, as you do. This is the best bit for me, though;

On 27th December, having played 22 games we had 34 points, sat in 10th place. Crawley were top, on 46 points.

Now, on 13th March, having played 36 games, we have 66 points, in 2nd place.

So in those 14 matches, where 42 points have been available, we've taken 32. That is phenomenal. We've only conceded 2+ goals in a game 3 times since the end of October (in league games, it's 4 including Sheff Utd).

Unbelievable effort from everybody, lets hope it continues! :)
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

Even better than that (which is amazing)

Just look at the table on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15319315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Makes me smile now - didn't at the time!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Far Canal!!! 18th!!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hats off to Cheaty Crawley, it must take quite some skill to have all the money in the world, and a massive points lead, and STILL manage to piss it all away. That is a scale of calamity and mis-management rarely seen since the Knoberts era.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This was supposed to be a transitional season. I'm beginning to understand now what the chairman meant: a League Two to League One transition. Some transition! And a clever way of telling us to lower our expectations..

Talking of which, despite the current poor economic climate, if we begin next season in League One with the new grandstand, we should expect average attendances to improve substantially.

And that improvement should begin with the next home game. Even if you're too poor to attend more than a couple of matches in the season, get up to Plainmoor. Take a friend. Times may be hard for many people, but the club and the players deserve nothing less.

:scarf: :-D
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Well said Gullscorer.

Not sure if attendances will improve substantially. Improve, yes, but I'd be very surprised if we average 3,000 a game.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Hats off to Cheaty Crawley, it must take quite some skill to have all the money in the world, and a massive points lead, and STILL manage to piss it all away. That is a scale of calamity and mis-management rarely seen since the Knoberts era.

Matt.

I wouldn't go to far with that, some may point to our first season in the Conference...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084