Haw! Haw! Haw !!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Haw! Haw! Haw !!!

Post by Southampton Gull »

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread ... Mark-Ellis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As mentioned on there, could they afford him?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Typical tossers at Sid james Park they are rapidly getting as arrogant as our Cornish neighbours !!!
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

They may as well try and get Okane and Olejnik to...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Is it true that Ellis is stalling on a new contract?
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Why would he move to a smaller club?
TUST No 278
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I know it's a jest, but Chardie (up there ^^^) makes a valid point. Why would he go to a club who, largely, struggle along in a division which is miles too good for them, playing awful football in a hideous shed of a ground. What fun can it be being them? Losing one in two, hardly scoring any goals, shipping plenty and generally bring a bit embarrassing? Why not stay here where he has leverage to get a better deal, he is loved and respected by the club and the fans, he is playing in a good side who win games, play some decent football and actually bother to take fans to away matches.

He'd have to be on crack to go to any of the terrible relegation fodder in L1.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I do like the comment on there about us maybe struggling to pay for our new stand.
At least we ARE paying for it........

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

This is the same Exeter who couldn't afford Bradford's reserve left back and needed a whip round from the fans for a loan signing.

Unless their entire fan base manages to find something down the back of the sofa then the prospect of six figure compensation should leave us pretty safe from this one.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

ferrarilover wrote:I know it's a jest, but Chardie (up there ^^^) makes a valid point. Why would he go to a club who, largely, struggle along in a division which is miles too good for them, playing awful football in a hideous shed of a ground. What fun can it be being them? Losing one in two, hardly scoring any goals, shipping plenty and generally bring a bit embarrassing? Why not stay here where he has leverage to get a better deal, he is loved and respected by the club and the fans, he is playing in a good side who win games, play some decent football and actually bother to take fans to away matches.

He'd have to be on crack to go to any of the terrible relegation fodder in L1.

Matt.
The only reason(s) he would have for signing for them are:

1. He supports them.. which isn't an amazing reason
2. League 1 football.. which is a better reason, but also debatable, if Exeter stay up and we dont go up, which is all very possible, then he has a good reason to sign for them.. Although I dont think for 1 second Exeter could afford him.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

bc-gull wrote: The only reason(s) he would have for signing for them are:

1. He supports them.. which isn't an amazing reason
2. League 1 football.. which is a better reason, but also debatable, if Exeter stay up and we dont go up, which is all very possible, then he has a good reason to sign for them.. Although I dont think for 1 second Exeter could afford him.
Got that slightly wrong there Billy, Ellis I believe is a Plymouth fan.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Definitely a Plymouth fan.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Gulliball wrote:Definitely a Plymouth fan.
:@ Sell him then!

:lol:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

forevertufc wrote: Got that slightly wrong there Billy, Ellis I believe is a Plymouth fan.
Oops :Oops:
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

In a poor, relegation threatened season, under a cloud of financial doom City still get more or less twice the number of home fans through the gate that we do during a successful season. If we were in their position our gates would hover between 1,700 and 2,200. Their shed of a ground is on par with ours in my opinion. As it currently stands, they are in a better chance of playing League One football next year than we are. It is normal for players to be keen to test themselves at a higher level. I don't know the away following stats, but over the last five years, I'd guess that their away following is at least on par with ours. They certainly have the potential to take far more than us to select games - as our derbies at Plainmoor and our respective trips to Wembley demonstrate. They too have a manager who likes to play football and has built up a good reputation for himself.

In short, they are a bigger club in a higher league, with more fans and, finances allowed, more potential than ours.

I have no particular liking for City and do not like the way they managed to squirm out of their debts. I find their fans rather smug, as the thread on Exeweb demonstrates. However, as we all know any of our clubs can be taken to the brink of administration on the whim of a nutter. We were very close ourselves. The way City has been rebuilt is to be admired.

I don't think for one moment that City are in a position to sign Mark Ellis. However, I presume one or two of the posts on here are just engaging in a bit of local rivalry banter and fishing for a bite. If not, there is a danger of us just coming across like the fans of mighty Northampton and getting slightly carried away with our superb season so far.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

There is no way Ellis will sign for Ex*ter. Their ground is terrible, ok they've got two alright stands, but their Grandstand is too old and needs a change and their away end is just awful. City are at the bottom end of league 1, not playing great football, with a crap ground. Not to mention that Ellis can do much better than the scum up the road. Mark is staying put until a bid comes in from a big club, IMO.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.