macdonald to debut??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

macdonald to debut??

Post by bixieupnorth »

as previously mentioned on here, with saah now banned for the crawley game, we have a chance for new boy angus macdonald to step into the centre of defence on saturday

the herald express has picked up on this here :- http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/MacDo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lets hope he's up to the task, crawleys attack is completely different now since they beat us at plainmoor, but the newcomers, watt etc will prove a handful too no doubt??
still keeping the faith
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

What a baptism of fire for the young man ! A tough game in which to make his Football League debut in that's for sure. Although Crawley's results have been a bit indifferent of late and they have lost their two main strikers (Tubbs and Barnett) they still haved plenty of quality in their squad with the likes of Akinde, Hawley, Clark and Watt to call upon. Even though they lost 2-1 at Shrewsbury last night it appears they were the better team on the night, even Graham Turner (Shrewsbury Manager) admitted that and we may end up getting the backlash.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't see many other options to be fair , perhaps stick McPhee in there?! :-/ The only crumb of comfort for me would be that Saah will only miss the one game and it's a game i expect nothing from even if we had Canavarro at the back so it doesn't really matter to me so long as everybody is back fit, ready and firing for the Aldershot match. That game is now critical in terms of ending the blip and regrouping in a positive manner once again.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

austrianandygull wrote:I don't see many other options to be fair , perhaps stick McPhee in there?! :-/ The only crumb of comfort for me would be that Saah will only miss the one game and it's a game i expect nothing from even if we had Canavarro at the back so it doesn't really matter to me so long as everybody is back fit, ready and firing for the Aldershot match. That game is now critical in terms of ending the blip and regrouping in a positive manner once again.
We have LRT and Leadbitter who can both do a job there and a better option than McPhee but would imagine MacDonald will start.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I doubt Creepy will last the race. They are due to fade away now and i think they will finish just above mid table. If we can rediscover our own form then they shouldn't be too much of a test for us. but if this blip carries on a bit longer then we always have to options to either Call upon the services of Mcdonald, The burgers can be thrown at Creepy or Dave, Barcas record signing or Get in Achmed. if they threaten his defence he can always threaten them with "I kiilllllll Yoooooo!" Oh I got the wrong Mcdonald, sooorrryyy!
Last edited by Glostergull on 28 Feb 2012, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There simply is no other option, what on earth is the point of having Macdonald here on loan, if we are a centre back down, he is a centre back, and you do not play him, that is what he is here for.

Yep its going be tough game for him to come into, however Reading are confident he can do the job for us, otherwise they would not have sent him here, Lingy is confident he can do the job, otherwise he would not have brought him here.

Play Macdonald Saturday or send him home.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Richinns wrote: We have LRT and Leadbitter who can both do a job there and a better option than McPhee but would imagine MacDonald will start.
Seriosly leadbitter? the guy struggles as a full back and with his height and build It would be a toss up if we used Danny Stevens or Leadbitter as center back
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Mav wrote: Seriosly leadbitter? the guy struggles as a full back and with his height and build It would be a toss up if we used Danny Stevens or Leadbitter as center back
He has played many reserve games there so yes he must be an option.
TUST member 328
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Leadbitter is a right back, who missed a lot of the first half of this season due to injury, not in any way an option at centre back, and if Martin Ling played him there on Saturday that will the first time ever since Lingy became a manager that I personaly would question as to whether he had lost the plot.

LRT has played centre back, in pre-season friendlies and I believe reserve match's, however he is a left back pure and simple.

Macdonald is a centre back brought in to cover the centre back positions, I do not think it is worth us spending any more time considering the options purely as fan's , when there is only one option, and why would Martin Ling play Macdonald in a development game which was assess the strenght of our young players, when Macdonald is on loan here,and our club does not stand a cat in hell chance of signing Macdonald, as his parent club see him as one for there future.

Maybe Martin Ling was fully aware that the ban would be transferred to Saah, so gave Macdonald a run out to prepare him for Saturdays game.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It was tongue in cheek about McPhee Richinns but i'm sure you knew that! :na: Forget Leadbitter, i've never seen him play and i know he has had injuries but i doubt i will EVER see him play for Torquay. Never gets a look in, not even now even though he isn't a centre back. Macdonald is the likely option and like some of you guys say, whats the point of him being here if we aren't going to use him?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

forevertufc wrote:There simply is no other option, what on earth is the point of having Macdonald here on loan, if we are a centre back down, he is a centre back, and you do not play him, that is what he is here for.

Yep its going be tough game for him to come into, however Reading are confident he can do the job for us, otherwise they would not have sent him here, Lingy is confident he can do the job, otherwise he would not have brought him here.

Play Macdonald Saturday or send him home.
This is exactly right. I'd rather hoped we'd seen the end of the rather embarrassing days when clubs recalled their loanees from us because they simply didn't get a look in. Happened once or twice under our former manager and it never failed to make me weep with shame.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I am not suggesting Leadbitter starts - it has to be MacDonald. Just that he is an option as he has been tried (more than once) in that position for the reserves. So has LRT so he is also an option. And yes austrianandygull - I did think you were only joshing!
TUST member 328