End of Emergency Loans

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Aussie wrote:Not much of a game changer, only has moments! So 15 goals a season when not even playing most of those games that season is "only has moments" or "not much of a game changer"? When he was here for us and was actually given the ball he nearly always looked dangerous and sh1t the opposition up, sometimes when your on the wing you don`t get the ball as often as you would like depending on how the game is panning out. When given a supply Jake more often than not did rather well in my opinion, what you have to remember is that he was here under Buckle and quite often the game plan didn`t suit Jakes strengths, you all saw what happened when it did suit his strengths! For example Billy Key, the winger, left us to go and play in a situation that suited his strenths and was bangin` `em in for fun, sometimes it ain`t just the player that the focus should be on but the manager, the formation and the game plan. Sometimes when evaluating a situation you really should take into account ALL of the influencing factors and not just single one aspect out!
The fact that he was being played by Buckle so it somehow hindered his performance is irrelevant in my opinion. This season, under some well-paid and respected managers at Northampton he has failed to score at all. Is that simply because the team isn't playing to his strengths? It's wrong for any one player to dictate how a whole team should play their game. Unless, maybe Messi fancied a stint in League Two and then a manager would obviously change his system to get the ball to him. Unfortunately, Robinson isn't good enough to decide how the team should play and is much to inconsistant.

Where I can agree with you is that he did look dangerous. But that, i think, is what frustrates me the most about him. He tended to get into good positions and although sometimes he picked the right ball or made the right decision, more often than not, in my opinion, he flattered to decieve. He is so close to being so good, which is probably why i have been harsh on him.

Until he can turn it on consistantly he will remain a bog standard League Two winger for me.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...