Torquay United v Bradford City - League Two - 18/02/2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Real shame it had to end at Plainmoor but we are well entrenched in the play off positions and it's way better then most of us thought at the beggining of the season. Last week against Shrews went to plan but it appears Bradford had a game plan and it worked for them. Never mind, get back up for the next one and onwards to the summit. COYYS :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

I suppose Oliver wanted more! Greedy b4rsteward!
And I suspect that Oliver was told to not think of this as an away game, but to 'consider yourself at home'...
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

budleigh wrote: And I suspect that Oliver was told to not think of this as an away game, but to 'consider yourself at home'...
Ah humor!

Consider yourself well in
Consider yourself part of the family Bud
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

McPhee had a better game than Mansell and O'Kane in the middle. Ellis was our worst defender saturday, him and oastler were equally poor and totally rinsed by their counterparts. Some fans can't get out of the 'so and so is crap' or 'so and so is brilliant' regardless of what actually happens. We lost, 'McPhee is crap' um nope he was only 2nd to Stevens for our MOTM in my opinion.

Bradford were decent, were a real handful up front and caught us twice in 5 minutes. Lingy got the subs wrong on Saturday in my opinion and we weren't very good chasing the game.

Positives were Saah and McPhee are imrpoving and we saw a good cameo from yeoman. No panic here, look at the back of your programmes at the squad depth of both clubs, they have nearly double the amount of players as to what we have. They have players that have played in the Premiership as well as our player of the year who can't even get in their squad. Biggest overachievers v biggest underachievers and for once unluckily for us they turned up.

If we get in the playoffs it'll be a miracle season this year. On paper and with everything that's gone on we have absolutely no right too, so fair play to Lingy, Taylor and all of the players.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It's a funny old game. Shrewsbury were what I thought the best side to come to Plainmoor this season, we beat them. Then just 7 days later, Bradford, one of the worst (only Daggers were worse IMO), come to town and go home with the points.

Lathrope was a big loss, hope he's fit for Saturday. Bradford were nearly as bad as Crawley in the FA Cup last year with all the cheating and that.

Can't see McPhee challenging the first team when everyones fit though - not up to scratch in my opinion. Good energy, but technically poor.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

NickGull wrote:It's a funny old game. Shrewsbury were what I thought the best side to come to Plainmoor this season, we beat them. Then just 7 days later, Bradford, one of the worst (only Daggers were worse IMO), come to town and go home with the points.

Lathrope was a big loss, hope he's fit for Saturday. Bradford were nearly as bad as Crawley in the FA Cup last year with all the cheating and that.

Can't see McPhee challenging the first team when everyones fit though - not up to scratch in my opinion. Good energy, but technically poor.
Lathropes out for at least three weeks so I'm told from someone I know. Got a special boot and its pretty bad at the minite.