one hour!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

usagullmichigan wrote:steady on Brett. Deals still can keep coming over the next few hours
Er, no, don't forget you're about six hours behind us.. :nod:
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

gullno4 wrote: nah that's bollocks! as is the one about bram welsh!
I figured it was bollocks. I just find it amusing how much shit gets talked when the window's about to close.
TUST member 203
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

So the dust is settling and it looks like we can say that Robbo is the only outgoing and Nathan Craig appears to have been the only player offered a contract with us.

I'd say that overall, that's a successful window. I'd like a couple of loans, one defensive and one attacking, and I'm really disappointed we didn't manage to sort something out with Bodin, but Robbo obviously wanted to move back up north so it makes sense to cash in now, and Craig is a low risk investment that is worth a shout. Sounds like he's been working hard in the reserves.

To be honest, I'm utterly amazed we've (touch wood) been able to hang onto the likes of Eunan and Bobby. Happy with that.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:if thats true then i think we're all pretty happy with losing just robbo

well done to the board and mr ling for getting the young hopefuls tied down to long contracts, shame robbo wouldnt sign just to help us out, but he's a notts lad (well known for breaking ranks!!) and his lady is from sheffield, i bet her dad calls him scab!!
Bixie, sounds like you've got something against people from Nottingham, completely understandable of course!! :~D

Not a bad transfer window for us, at least we didn't lose O'Kane etc.. Robbo was good but i think we can plug that gap and who knows maybe while hes been injured Saah has settled in a bit more. Craig sounds like he could make for a decent player too.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think Bix was referring to the miners strikes Derby. Mansfield and Nottingham folk weren't so popular as many of them decided to go back to work, upsetting the yorkshire miners. Hence they get called scabs.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Ah, i was a bit too young during the miners strikes to remember any of it, makes more sense now!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

bixieupnorth wrote:until the transfer window slams shut and still no sign of either ins or outs at plainmoor!

do we think it'll end the same? not heard any rumours at all, except the one about jakey coming back? fingers crossed and we'll still have our crown jewels intact on feb 1st!
I don't know about you but I make sure my crown jewels are always intact
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

speaking as a health care professional i'd like to recommend that all us gents check our crown jewels at least every month, preferably after a hot bath, reporting any non tender lumps, apart from the usual two, to our gp post haste!

see this handy guide

http://everyman-campaign.org/Testicular ... ndex.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

bixieupnorth wrote:speaking as a health care professional i'd like to recommend that all us gents check our crown jewels at least every month, preferably after a hot bath, reporting any non tender lumps, apart from the usual two, to our gp post haste!

see this handy guide

http://everyman-campaign.org/Testicular ... ndex.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Much prefer this guide personally " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; o:)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

JamieE wrote: Much prefer this guide personally " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; o:)
Well now.What have I started?. Personaly Bixie,I am just a little concerned that there is a latge nut and bolt in your diagram and wonder what on earth that could be used for. it may just as well come with a large stilleto heel.
I think I will go with Jamies youtube link. Although The nice young lady in question gives that fruit a rather luscious bite at the end and I am not sure I want anyone taking a bite out of mine.
Now which link will be the less painful option
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ok which one of you two is registered as PatRibsey on that video??!!
still keeping the faith