The away end

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

Post by tufc4life1 »

There's a new vote but meaning putting away fans in the new stand which means if we want can stay in pop me for one am popsider but think we need to change something
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

bc-gull wrote:Why do we have to give the away fans standing? Plymouth have no standing, alot of stadiums are all seating, if they want to stand they will stand at their seats like we did at plymouth, cheltenham etc. Giving us the away would be a great idea.
Spot on. This is a no brainer. It also effectivley forces away fans to pay the seating price meaning more money for us! For larger away followings we give them more seats accordingly by way of moveable netting, or for really large followings give them the current away end too.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Surely we could do what most teams do? If were expecting a small following just give them the seats for the bigger games such as Plymouth etc then give them both seats and behind the goal. Simple.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Decent post, Alpine Joe. Some good points made in there.

In my opinion I think it should, and will be kept as it is right now. If the group in the corner are so intent on making a loud atmosphere, it isn't doing much to exclude themselves from other potential singers who stand in the middle. I stayed around the half way line because it's a great view. I like to sing as much as anyone else and I do at away games but when we can't here the group in the corner, the atmosphere seems muted.

What I'd propose is for everyone to rejoin in the middle, where you're getting the singers currently down in the corner aswell as a probable extra 100 or so who will join in as they'll be able to hear it. Add to that the Family Stand seems to be a bit louder recently, then we're away.

I can't see the club giving away a big section of Bristows Bench as I think there'll be alot of people who'll want to sit over there, perhaps moving there from the Family stand. I also think there will be a slight increase in attendances again once the stand is done, and if the season ticket intake is up, then they won't want the hassle of having to move people out of their allocated seats to move a barrier across for a larger away following.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. All that needs doing is for the singers to join in the middle again, I'd imagine the atmosphere to improve a lot.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

The problem of no atmosphere won't be solved by the singers moving back into the middle. It was crap when they were in the middle and its crap when they're up the end. The atmosphere has been dead for a while now. The be all and end all of the problem is that there's not enough people who can be bothered to join in.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

The acoustics in the away end are much better than any part of the pop - middle or end - that's why a relativley small away following can make a great deal of noise.

Nick you mention the middle can't hear the corners and this does not surprise me - even before the group moved down to the end the corners couldn't hear the middle, if you get my drift? So I'm not sure that having all the singers in the middle would make a huge difference. BUT as a fan who likes to stand at whichever end we are attacking I would welcome the drum returning to the middle - does my bloody head in. Especially that fecking awful Stevenage song, I never thought a song could be more annoying than the one Orient used to sing - unfortunatley I have been proven wrong. Grr!!!!