guy branston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote:Its nonsense to suggest that Branston is a judge of a player just because he preferred to play alongside Robbo rather than Ellis.
Why the hell would have Branston back - I mean he would hardly be keen on sitting on the bench. He did really well for us but we definately got the best of him.
We all know that Ling will play Saah so that would mean thats Branston would replace Ellis - and he isn't half as good.
You might want to knock Ellis but he has been as good as ever since getting back into the team.

As usual you missed the point entirely, wake up Mr Senile.

I didn't knock him and also how would you know? You've not seen half a dozen games all season long, you plank.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Bigman wrote:I find it oddly exciting when the board is so divided :)

Provided his wages won't break the bank and he understands he won't be guaranteed a starting place I'm on the side of YES. I believe he was amazing here because he was happy, and while he hasn't done well since he left he could be happy here again and thus reproduce some of that form. He's only just turned 33 so certainly isn't past it, or IMO even at the point where he could've become a bad player in the last 6 months, I just think he needs to refind himself and his form, and where better to do it than in a yellow shirt?
I completely agree. If the deal is a good one financially, then I would take it. It was only half a season ago that Branno was our best player and we were gutted he was going. He hasn't turned into a bad player since then, I would just argue a bit unlucky.

He was brought to Bradford by Peter Jackson, who was sacked almost immediately after the season started. Since then Parkinson has come in and Branno was not his first choice, whereas he was captain and a certain starter under Jackson. If that hadn't happened he may well be performing the same for them as he did for us, but that's football. Since then he's been loaned to Rotherham and clearly isn't happy. I would argue he played so well here because he was finally settled and liked the area, whereas since he left he's turning back into a bit a nomad.

I would also add that when he first joined us, he'd not been playing great and was out of favour at a similar sized league two club. He certainly wasn't a bad signing then, helping us stay up and then helping us up to Old Trafford.

What would be the harm in a six month deal til the end of the season? We'd be getting a crowd favourite, someone who is familiar with several of the players who can probably slot in straight away, good cover at centre back and an experienced head for the run in when we could be challenging for promotion. In my mind definitely worth offering six months to if he'd be willing to take it.

We know what Branno can do, I'm sure Ling is aware of his exploits here last year, and its up to him to decide.