buckle's corner routine?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

buckle's corner routine?

Post by bixieupnorth »

i see the weasel is getting the congrats for ellis's match winning goal on saturday, altho i'm sure someone else had thought of it a few times before in the whole history of football!!

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Gulls ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Credit where credit is not due , then!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He can have all the credit he wants, infact, he can put it on his CV...

... Which he can show to Nicole, his personal advisor at the Bristol branch of the Jobcentre Plus. I'm sure she'll be very proud. Out of interest, are there 2 managerial jobs available each week for him to apply to?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

cambgull wrote:He can have all the credit he wants, infact, he can put it on his CV...

... Which he can show to Nicole, his personal advisor at the Bristol branch of the Jobcentre Plus. I'm sure she'll be very proud. Out of interest, are there 2 managerial jobs available each week for him to apply to?
I think you will find that the players did have respect for PB. He did do good here. There is no denying it. All that sours the memory is the way he left. That has been done and dusted to death. Lets forget it. and move on. If he gets the credit then he gets the credit. Don't take it away from the lads for giving it. It shows them in good light and being real men to stand up and says whats what and correct. He did good by them and they won't stab him in the back for it.
I was a little surprised to see it in print so long after he left though.
I would further recommend a corner routine which I long remember working brilliantly at Bristol Rovers back in the days when Frankie Prince Played. I Wonder if Frankie can remember it. The only problem I can see is that it always without exception involved a player called Stuart Taylor who was a 6'4" defender. I think he holds the record for matches played for Rovers.
If we wanted to implement that routine. We would need someone tall at the back post and near post, but if we did it would work 9 times out of 10.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

cambgull wrote:He can have all the credit he wants, infact, he can put it on his CV...

:rofl:

You must have experienced the twats at the jobcentre too then cambgull?! Looking for work is bad enough without these jobsworth arseholes treating you like Paul Buckle at a Bristol Rovers former-managers reunion!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

austrianandygull wrote:

You must have experienced the twats at the jobcentre too then cambgull?! Looking for work is bad enough without these jobsworth arseholes treating you like Paul Buckle at a Bristol Rovers former-managers reunion!
So you were once turned down for a job in the Dept of Work and Pensions then? :rofl: =D :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

austrianandygull wrote:

You're assuming he isn't on the other side of the desk, Andy.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:-D What!? Cambgull working as a jobcentre advisor? It's not possible, he's got a sense of humour. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Me, working for the jobcentre? That would be like Jeremy Clarkson endorsing Greenpeace. I wouldn't have nearly enough patience for the chavs.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"