Morecambe v Torquay United - League Two - 21/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Comments from just seeing the highlights on BBC website:
- Ellis' goal is amazing! Last week's was good improvisation to hook in from close range, this one is unbelievable tekkers to set himself up and finish superbly!
- Took an incredible save to keep Atieno off the score sheet. He latched onto a long ball well and hit it nicely, couldn't have done more and unlucky not to score. Yet more reason for him to keep his place?
- Damo handball at end looks blatant, but on second view I can believe it hasn't touched his arm. He falls on it and his arms go around it, but if he says he didn't touch it I could believe him. Very lucky for us it wasn't given though, if it went against us we'd be howling for it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I watched it dozens of times and have to say you can't prove one way or the other but the odds of it not touching either arm there are miniscule, nice to see us get the benefit of the doubt for once though.

Quality finish by Ellis and what about that effort by Tai? If that had gone in he would be buzzing.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Lathrope handball?? It came straight at him - there was no way he would have been able to move them away in time :) :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com