The feel good factor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

And team ethic is what beat us in the playoffs last year. Stevenage weren't great as individuals, but as a team and with Westley in charge they had a winning mentality instilled in them, which they've taken into League 1 aswell.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I think the feel good factor around the club has certainly improved considerably in the last few months after the disappointment at the events of last summer but to be fair to Paul Buckle and his "team" of last season it's fair to say that 2011 was on the whole a very good year for TUFC. In fact since that awful night last February when we got taken apart by a very average Hereford team 3-1 a quick look at our record since that time makes very impressive reading.....

In the 46 League games played since then (i.e. not including Play Off games, cup matches etc) we have won 20, drawn 17 and lost only 9 games which equates to a points total of 77. Now based on last season's final League table that would have seen us finish in 5th position, just behind Shrewsbury and only 3 points away from the 3rd and final automatic promotion spot taken by Wycombe with 80 pts. It's certainly the sort of points total that in most seasons would guarantee a play off spot and indeed Exeter actually got promoted in 2nd place with a total of just 79 pts when they went up in 08/09.

So it's fair to say that although it may not have felt like it at times - we only just scraped a 7th place finish last year and we currently lie just outside the play off spots in 8th position - it's fair to say that the form we have seen from the side over the last 12 months is indeed at the very least play off form and really not too far off top 3 form.

As things stand you can't help but feel optimistic about our chances and looking at the League table now I personally reckon it's three from four for the autos with Southend, Cheltenham, Crawley and Swindon fighting that one out and as far as the 3 remaining play off spots go I would be surprised if Shrewsbury and Gillingham aren't there but that certainly leaves the door open for one more team and I can't see any reason why it can't be us - although clearly the likes of Oxford, Burton, Rotherham and Accrington will all feel that they can fill that spot too.

It's all set up to be an interesting few months and provided we can keep the squad together and we stear clear of injuries to key players we are certainly capable of forcing ourselves into the shake up at the end of the season.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Sky Sports News . . . Jeff Stelling . . . and his favourite singing puppet . . .

You know where this is leading don't you ?

(8) I FEEL GOOD ! (8) (James Brown) :)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Definately feeling good about the Gulls situation all round :-D Coming down for the Northampton game as my Dad is at home in Kingsteignton moaning about me not visiting him in ages. I have tried to drag him to Plainmoor but, at 80 years old and almost blind I don't think he would appreciate it as he has never been interested in anything except "Ice Road truckers"!!!

Anyway, yes, there is a feelgood factor at the moment.
Oblivion!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It is very easy for us forum members to come on the site and post are many and varied opinions as what is wrong and who is blame when things on the field are not going well, however when things are going well as they are now , i think we often forget to come along and give everyone at the club credit where it is due, many thanks for all the replies.

JamieE, many thanks, exellent run down on the diffeence between this seasons team and last, partly what i was looking for.

Think Aussie and Dave s/g point towards another positive for me, there clearly is a fantastic team spirit , and witht he team exiting along popside now, you can see just how much respect there is between the players and manager.
Formerly known as forevertufc