January transfer window . . .

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Pretty much the way i feel Jeff. Get an answer from Di Canio ASAP and get someone else in sharpish if its NO. Don't hang about Martin. ( I'm sure he is aware of this situation and won't let us down although he may have his hands full fending off bids for some other of our players!! ).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I notice Wimbledon have signed Jason Euell, now whats not bad on the dons part. hes still half decent and will be dangerous at this level
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

This is a question mostly aimed at brett but anyone else with knowledge chip in. With regards to eunan is there any youngsters at cardiff or other clubs we could get on loan in return i.e rolls who played against palace but looked like needs loaning down a level.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Of course, there are hundreds of young players who could do with some league experience, whether Martin Ling knows of any that could improve the team or the squad is a matter for him. He's already said though that he has a squad of players that he'll use so unless we lose a few players through transfer injury or suspension I would expect him to use players from within the squad.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Kinda missed my point. I meant as an agreement with club who get o'kane. As an immediate replacement to sort rest of season. This would provide us with a quality player to replace him but also benefit the parent club
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Personaly the only thing i could see would be someone buying him then sending him back on loan for the rest of the season. I couldnt see anyone being sent on loan instead.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

popside_yidlad wrote:Kinda missed my point. I meant as an agreement with club who get o'kane. As an immediate replacement to sort rest of season. This would provide us with a quality player to replace him but also benefit the parent club

Apologies.

As Brett said, I'd hope we could loan him back but the best we could hope for is to open up the possibility of forging decent contacts with any buying club.
Dave

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

tufcbrett wrote:Jason Koumas, what funny kid made that one up then. He is good enough for the championship. League 1 would be a suprise if he dropped that far.
If it was a young lad like Aaron WIldig from Cardiff like Shrewsbury have one loan, id half believe that but not someone who was top class with Cardiff last season.

If we sign him, i will happily make a fool out of myself doing something on the pitch at Plainmoor. (no idea what, but i wont happen and we all know it.)
Back on topic, i am happy with a quite window of Torquay. Quite means more chance for O'Kane and Bobby to stay ect. I can only see Bodin or a striker/winger at some in the next month or so.

People forget if we get injuries and stuff we have a few loans, and emergency loans we can use after the window. They can come for a month like that Alred (what ever he was called) if there needed then we got the options. But i think Ling is being clever and only using all his loan inless he really has too. We got a decent enough squad to get along with even if we are a little light for the moment.
If he has a secret connection in Torquay maybe he has secret desires for the Gargs. That would then make sense as he would then be joinging Trojan in the centre circle being staked to the pitch. And as you seem to alude Brett I have no doubt you could be the one joining them either as a partner in crime or doing the whipping. semi naked of Course.
Yeah right, If Koumas Joins lil old Torquay I will join Trojan on the pitch as well. I am more likely to be named as Bristol Rovers next managing messiah than Jason Koumas joining us. Come on lads, he is way out of our wage league. Nice to dream I suppose. We could have had Stu Campbell though, He would have loved to come and help us rub the Gas noses in the mud.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gavin Tomlin gone to Gillingham until the end of the season. I would have taken him back here on a loan deal like that. He would give us that trickery that Bodin did, albeit sporadically.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16531472.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ling does make a good point on the loan market. Once teams have finished there buying, players will then be around for loan for players who didnt get a chance to leave or who loses there place to a new signing.

For me we should make sure we finish the window with noone leaving such as O'kane ect. We could see a couple of players in which could do us nicley with the run in. Bodin one, any others anyone we might try?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67 wrote:. . . is open (4 days in) and so far, all is quiet on the Plainmoor front.

It appears that it will stay this way until the first week in February.

Thread closed. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Trojan 67 wrote:
It appears that it will stay this way until the first week in February.

Thread closed. ;-)
We hope... I'm surprised nothing has come up about Eunan and Bobby yet in terms of rumour mongering. Perhaps we will keep them!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

As the deadline nears and the window comes to an end, and every fax machine in every football club is in perfect working order . . .

. . . I hope our machine has its usual transfer window malfunction. :clap:
gulltom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gulltom »

http://www.football-league.co.uk/featur ... 07_2564814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like we may have to keep him out of the lab as well as out of other clubs thoughts!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

:O
Bobby (Frank Einstein) Olejnik. :O

:O