Give the youngsters a chance?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

You can't help in thinking that Yeoman's career hasn't developed like the coaching staff had hoped...

He made one bench appearance two years ago (against Oxford?) and hasn't played since. Very promising that he was given a go so early but he clearly hasn't progressed like they expected, as he has only sat on the bench twice this season...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I listened to what the former Co-op Welfare milkman said at the fanfest on Monday. We do have the talent in the south west counties to make a good fist of it. That former Co-op Welfare milkman is Mike Bickle and standing alongside was Johnnie Hore. The point he made was that Argyle were good enough with local talent to hold its own in the two middle tiers of the Football League.

Torquay United was no different and is no different. It's belief and hard honest work that brings the local talent on and forward. Ken and Phil Sandercock, both Plymouth buhys, served Torquay United well. Then there's "fiery Fred" (Fred Binney), Dockyard apprentice, who turned out for Torquay United as an amateur, later as a professional. TUFC never saw the best of Fred, Exeter, Brighton Argyle and Hereford did.

My point is, the be all and end all is not only youth football, some come into the professional game later.

Kevin Hill ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I think its far too early to judge our youth system. As said before in similar discussions, the current crop of youngsters were the first bunch to be brought through and will not be the best talent from the area.

We do seem to have some prospects coming through such as Kuqi and yet another Nardiello. I think I'd prefer to see two or three groups brought through before we can genuinely state whether it works or not.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"