Shirt sales are a joke! Sort this out Torquay!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

But the club should be able to put some pressure on whoever is running the shop and get them to improve.

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The club shop is franchised out, and i thought it was to Vandanel, however i have since been led to believe this is not the case, i am led to believe the club shop is franchised out to a sole trader who deals with Vandanel, i am not sure what or if Vandanel have any involvment in the running of the club shop.

I am also led to believe the club takes a 20 % cut from the franchised club shop operation, but dont quote me on that either, this is allways going to be problem, i understand why the club went down the route it did, as i imagine the club is dealing in chicken feed amounts in terms of sales throught he club shop, if the shop came under direct control of the club when you add the time and administration it would probaly end up as a loss leader.

I honestly thought that a major kit supplier would not be interested in working with a small club like our's, however last time we had a thread on this, some posted the small clubs that major kit supllier's do work with, however moving to one of the major brands would not cure all the current problems, yep we would have a better quailty of kit and design, but on our spend, we would still be bottom of the pile when it comes to supply.
Last edited by Dave on 07 Jan 2012, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It could hardly get worse. For the past 3 seasons it's been August before we've got the new kit on sale to fans, not even before the start of the season on one of those years.

That said, I think the quality of merchandise is much improved in the last few years. I went to the shop after being home for the Boxing Day game and bought quite a few things.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Either way, get some XXL shirts in Torquay or you can kiss goodbye to any more of my cash you friggin' amateurs!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

CP, you are correct in that it is franchised and operated by Vandanel. However, as with all franchises, the parent company has the ultimate yes or no on certain things. If the franchise is deemed to be failing to order the biggest selling item, then that can be a breach of contract.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thats interesting , because according to the person who actually run's the club shop, the shop is franchised but not to Vandanel, nor is the shop run by them. As i was getting at in my previuos reply, i wonder who is actually and thruthly running what regard's our club shop.
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Trojan 67 wrote:

(8) Who ate all the pies ? Who ate all the . . . . (8) :lol:

Ask Rene if you can have one of his "hand me downs". :nod: ;-)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that tickled my funny bone as I would need XXXXLG too mate. And I have eaten all the pies, xmas pub, chocs and spuds BURP!!!!!
Oblivion!!!!