Jakey Robinson available for loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Jake gave every impression that he was happy here with us, even saying on Radio Devon in May that it was 'absolutely possible' that he would sign for us. I have been very impressed with Howe, and agree with others that Robinson could be an exciting addition to our front line, exactly the quality that we need.

As stated above, Robinson has the support of Captain Manse. Nico on twitter said we should defo sign him up ("give him the ball and he shoots every time") - so he would potentially slot right back into a team with senior players who know and respect him and want to play with him.

So maybe, depending on Jake's current feelings about moving back here and assuming Ling is made aware of what he has brought to us in the past (would Atieno have got us into the play-offs?) it would come down to time and money.

Time-wise, there was a 90 day issue, I think, with loanee Craig Stanley which sent him back to Morecambe before our season ended. I don't know enough about these things, but if we wanted Robinson here on loan, how long could that actually be for? If we decide that we do want him I fear that we will lose out unless we act QUICKLY!

Atieno has been a big disappointment for me and I feel it's time for him to make way for someone else. Of course, as soon as Eunan hits the big time we'll be rich enough to buy all 10 Northampton players being shown the exit.

Come back Jakey!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I'm sure controversial opinion but I wouldn't have him back.

I reckon he's bound to be on megga wages and for me he tended to drift out of games.

At this level for me, one of your highest earners needs to be ultra consistent, i.e in the Mansell bracket.
TUST #324
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I agree numpte.

But i do also think we need another winger. For me, Macklin, Bodin and Stevens are all very similar in styles when playing out wide, as their game relies on pace. I would much prefer having an option of someone out wide who could zip in a telling delivery to try and grab us a goal if raw pace isn't working.

I do also agree Robinson did have some very good spells, but he falls into the old Stevens bracket of not doing it often enough (although Danny appears to be stepping it up now!).

Thanks, but no thanks. (Unless we don't have to pay his wages)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Numpte and Stevegull I'm with you. I said this on the Banter Board as well but I wouldn't want him back. He started off well last time, scored a few goals then went missing until we played Shrewsbury in the play-offs.

I just don't think he'd be worth the high amount he's likely to cost in the long run, unless he can do what he has so far failed to do at any club and be consistently decent. He has the talent, he just doesn't seem able to maintain it.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just sign him for a month, so he does his usual good start, then send him back when his crap stage begins!!
still keeping the faith