Our troubled neighbours ..........

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

ferrarilover wrote:So, they've lost not only an experienced, successful, dedicated, professional manager, but also the club captain, and they have (or will) replaced both with inferior men in each position.

Ridsdale, you're a X FUN- FILLED X liability!

Matt.
:@ No need for that.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Bloody useless swear filter, I blame Louis.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Tutt Tutt. :B
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

ferrarilover wrote:Bloody useless swear filter, I blame Louis.

Matt.
Don't blame me for your potty mouth. This is a family site sir!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I blame Matt's parents for his foul mouth :na:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm surprised that what is presumably an extremely profane word has been deleted, when I have occasionally seen other posts on this site containing what, to me, is offensive and inappropriate foul language.

Perhaps not so surprising though, given the poor quality of many of the posts on this site, is the deletion of, for example, a recent intelligent and intellectually stimulating thread (begun by myself, I modestly remind you) initiating a discussion on the possibility and desirablity of a new Gulls stadium at some time in the future.

So what exactly is the policy on censorship here?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

There is no f'kin censorship.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Absolutely. ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote:I'm surprised that what is presumably an extremely profane word has been deleted, when I have occasionally seen other posts on this site containing what, to me, is offensive and inappropriate foul language.

Perhaps not so surprising though, given the poor quality of many of the posts on this site, is the deletion of, for example, a recent intelligent and intellectually stimulating thread (begun by myself, I modestly remind you) initiating a discussion on the possibility and desirablity of a new Gulls stadium at some time in the future.

Gullscorer - I have looked through the log of actions taken by both the mods and admins on here and can see no topic started by you that has been deleted or moved. Can you remember when you did it?

As for censorship, we try to run the site in a sensible way, removing posts only if they fall foul of the rules. Swearing is removed if felt necessary, usually depending on the word itself. We are, mostly, adults using this forum and the younger people that use this site probably hear far worse on the street, and indeed at Plainmoor - this doesn't make it right, but we try and take a sensible and pragmatic approach in editing posts. We will always PM the person(s) affected informing them of what has happened.

Hope this helps - please PM one of the admins if you wish for any further clarification.

Thanks,

Scott

STIP
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Gullscorer - I have looked through the log of actions taken by both the mods and admins on here and can see no topic started by you that has been deleted or moved. Can you remember when you did it?

As for censorship, we try to run the site in a sensible way, removing posts only if they fall foul of the rules. Swearing is removed if felt necessary, usually depending on the word itself. We are, mostly, adults using this forum and the younger people that use this site probably hear far worse on the street, and indeed at Plainmoor - this doesn't make it right, but we try and take a sensible and pragmatic approach in editing posts. We will always PM the person(s) affected informing them of what has happened.

Hope this helps - please PM one of the admins if you wish for any further clarification.

Thanks,

Scott
Thanks for this Scott, but jeez, I've been to bed since then; I think it was in August, and was titled 'New Stadium'. Anyway, I'll put my thinking cap on to get the memory cells working....
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gullscorer wrote:I'm surprised that what is presumably an extremely profane word has been deleted, when I have occasionally seen other posts on this site containing what, to me, is offensive and inappropriate foul language.

You want to have a look at the vast majority, if not all, of the other football forum on the internet. One 2 minute visit to the Bristol Useless, AC Northampton or any other L2 forum makes me absolutely thankful that we all have such a pleasant forum to use.

There is so very rarely a thread on any other forum which doesn't, very quickly, descend into childish name calling as soon one poster doesn't agree with the initial assertion of the OP.

It was 'the f word' which I typed, fully expecting it to be censored automatically by the site. We're all grown ups here (aside from the few nippers who pop along occasionally) and it is sometimes the case that profanity is appropriate.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gullscorer, I have just looked through the pages through August until now, and I can't see the thread you mention. I have a feeling that that may have been one of the unlucky ones when we had some problems at the start of the season (gone into the abyss with the Bristol Rovers match thread, perhaps?)

I do remember the thread though, and I'm sure it wasn't deleted because it was breaking any rules.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer - it was most probably, unfortunately, one of the threads that got lost during our downtime in August. You may remember we lost a few days worth of posts towards the start of that month.
I can only apologise - but can assure you that you thread would not have been deleted without you being notified, and also without it appearing on the moderator log.

EDIT - Didn't see Nick post above this one!! Thanks Nick!!

STIP
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Our troubled neighbours has turned into our troubled language.

Language is what it is, troubled or not. The troubled, for sure, no speaka da the f'kin language properly. :@

They no speaka da the proper Engleesh. :devil: