Our troubled neighbours ..........

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Our troubled neighbours ..........

Post by Dutchgull »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14964634.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What next ?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

"Ultimately, whatever the challenges, football is a results business." - Ridsdale

Is Ridsdale f*cking kidding? Is he having a bubble bath? What a knob, a f*cking results business?!?! Newton Abbot under 15s could beat Argyle at the minute and precisely 2/3 of 3/5 of **** ALL of that is the fault of Peter Reid.

Ridsdale is a disgrace to football.

As for what happens next, who knows, but you can bet your very bottomest dollar that it will be unpleasant for the green army. I saw Peter Reid at the youth team friendly, and wished him luck for the rest of the season, lovely man, and to suggest that the results, which are the culmination of 5 years of financial mismanagement, have anything to do with Reidy as a man or a manager, is just about the most disrespectful and unfair thing I have ever heard.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Completely agree with Matt's comments. Absolutely disgraceful. Reid has had nothing to work with since he joined Argyle and to my mind has done a good job given the circumstances. I doubt many managers would have stuck by Argyle as long as he has done or given them as much as Reidy has, and this is his repayment. Shocking.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totaly argee with Matt.

Grimsdale has just proved what every body in football already knew, that man is a complete and utter w@nker of the highest order, Peter Reid stayed loyal despite not being paid, with no money not a single penny to bring a football player, Reidy was faced with motivating a team that were not being paid, in fact i even think riedy paid the gas bill once out of his own money.

Who does this **** think is going to jump at the chance of taking the worst job in football, best of greenies i think you sure going to need it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I care little for Plymouths plight but if there has been one shinning star in all this it has been Peter Reid. He is a football man end of. He has done his best with what he has. His reputation and credibilty through his actions in this whole sorry saga has been nothing but enhanced.

I hope the Argyle support with Peter Reid take this as their cue to go and form a new Plymouth FC and leave vultures like Risdale to rot in a cesspit of their own makings.
Last edited by Dave_Pougher on 18 Sep 2011, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

terrible news and a disgrace. A quote from the bbc.....

1257: Further to the news at 1200 that Peter Reid and Plymouth have parted company, I can now report that Reid was sacked. A real kick in the teeth that, considering he recently auctioned off his 1986 FA Cup final losers' medal to help some of Argyle's unpaid staff.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I care little for Plymouths plight but if there has been one shinning star in all this it has been Peter Reid. He is a football man end of. He has done his best with what he has. His reputation and credibilty through his actions in this whole sorry saga has beennothing but enhanced.

I hope the Argyle support with Peter Reid take this as their cue to go and form a new Plymouth FC and leave vultures like Risdale to rot in a cesspit of their own makings.
Could not of said it better my self. Most managers would of walked as soon as they could if they had to put up with what Reid has.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We should all care about what happens at Plymouth Argyle because, given the appropriate circumstances, it could happen to any club in the land. Good luck to Argyle and to Peter Reid, and God protect football from the likes of Ridsdale and from businessmen who care about nothing but asset stripping, land development, and lining their own coffers.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 18 Sep 2011, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

They all seem quite pleased on the Plymouth forum, however i think it is totally wrong, and not just on a moral level.

Fair enough, he shouldn't keep his job just because he's a 'nice guy' but he should keep his job now as what this club needs right now is some stability. He would at least be a firm hand during the takeover and you can be sure he will still have his squad working hard. And to be honest, they haven't been getting absolutely hammered every week, and clearly players' minds are elsewhere, so Reid has been doing all he can. He should have at least been given a chance under the new board after players and staff have been paid some wages.

Don't know how blinkered some of those Argyle fans are though. They are talking about getting in Paul Ince and Martin O Neill. Or perhaps more concerning, they are talking about approaching other clubs and having to pay compensation, no chance. It doesn't look attractive to any manager now, and Reid should have at least stayed while the changeover was going on. Terrible.

To top it all off, the fans are talking about getting in Lee Hodges as manager from Truro City. Fair enough, he's a good manager, but that would mean after everything that has gone on the club would end up giving Kevin Heaney money after screwing them over for 6 months!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

i find it upsetting that people like peter ridsdale find it so easy to get a job in football time and time again.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I know quite a few Arygle fan's as i expect we all do, to be honest i have not met a green yet who can see the wood from the tree's.

I said to a couple of them , take to the streets protest dont let Grimsdale any where near your club, no they said he is going to our saviour, honest i did try to warn them.

Grimsdale under threat of death in Leeds and Cardiff, welcome in Plymouth, you get what you deserve some times.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think the board are hoping that results take a sharp turn for the good as they usually do when a new man comes in at a club and maybe Reid has gone out of their sheer desperation to try and improve Argyles league position by panicking. Peter Reid is an ameable bloke, not my choice as a football manager as i don't believe he is very good even at league2 level however he doesn't deserve the sack yet. As for getting in O'Neill or Ince, is this tongue in cheek coz if not and they believe this could happen then they may as well fold!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I wonder if they have had an approach from Buckle yet...........................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

stevegull wrote:They all seem quite pleased on the Plymouth forum, however i think it is totally wrong, and not just on a moral level.

Fair enough, he shouldn't keep his job just because he's a 'nice guy' but he should keep his job now as what this club needs right now is some stability. He would at least be a firm hand during the takeover and you can be sure he will still have his squad working hard. And to be honest, they haven't been getting absolutely hammered every week, and clearly players' minds are elsewhere, so Reid has been doing all he can. He should have at least been given a chance under the new board after players and staff have been paid some wages.

Don't know how blinkered some of those Argyle fans are though. They are talking about getting in Paul Ince and Martin O Neill. Or perhaps more concerning, they are talking about approaching other clubs and having to pay compensation, no chance. It doesn't look attractive to any manager now, and Reid should have at least stayed while the changeover was going on. Terrible.To top it all off, the fans are talking about getting in Lee Hodges as manager from Truro City. Fair enough, he's a good manager, but that would mean after everything that has gone on the club would end up giving Kevin Heaney money after screwing them over for 6 months!
If they had a brain they would be dangerous! What makes them think that they will be able to attract a proven manager who won't get paid, & will have to work with a bunch of willing but inexperienced kids who are not even good enough for the Conference South?

Good Luck Peter Reid, I.M.O. you are well out of it!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

REIDY FOR ROVERS !!!