did buckle get any abuse??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

blueboy wrote:I posted this on the Exeter thread by mistake. I didn't mean to double post.

I've got good friends that are Torquay fans and they haven't been slow to point out Buckles mistakes in the past and the fact he wasn't particularly well liked as a person. But going on the start he has made this pre-season there is not one Rovers fan at this moment that isn't anything but totally impressed with him. Friendlies don't mean much at all but we've played 6 winning 5 and drawing one. The opposition hasn't been great but we've played Burnley, Inverness (Scottish Prem) and Bath City who have a decent team.

Only time will tell but he's certainly going to be a vast improvement on anything we've had in recent history. We're also playing the best football since the Holloway days.

I'm very interested to see how you get on against Burnley Saturday as they were awful when we played them. Are you a little concerned that you haven't played many friendlies yet? My mate told me you've only played 3 friendlies so far and only have 6 in total which doesn't seem many at all, especially considering that's 45 mins for most players. The season could start with some players having only played about 200-280 minutes. Having played semi-professional myself this seems quite low.

Can't wait for the season now and the 13th especially. Nearer the time I'll come back on here to see where you all plan drinking for the gas game. Could meet up with a couple of you for a pint.

Good man, anywhere you can suggest us going pre-match, where we won't be running into buckle's fan club ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How can you be impressed with Buckle or otherwise. Results of friendlies mean bugger all. He has signed some good league 2 players and you should do well - basically because of the amount of money that **** has had to spend. Not because he is a tactical genius.
Sooner or later Mr Paul **** will be found out for the tactically bereft little twerp that he is. Look forward to playing Crawley and mark my words. Evans and Raynor are a pair of dickheads but have **** sussed out tactically and have proved time and time again that he is all but clueless in this department.
It may not happen this season but as sure as eggs are eggs you will endure a losing run and you will see that **** is powerless to halt it. Come back on and see what adulation you give him then.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Fair enough Forevertufc, you mentioned a few points I had forgotten. Anyway, looking forward to the 13th, and to a cracking good season !!!
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

brucie wrote:How can you be impressed with Buckle or otherwise. Results of friendlies mean bugger all. He has signed some good league 2 players and you should do well - basically because of the amount of money that **** has had to spend. Not because he is a tactical genius.
Sooner or later Mr Paul **** will be found out for the tactically bereft little twerp that he is. Look forward to playing Crawley and mark my words. Evans and Raynor are a pair of dickheads but have **** sussed out tactically and have proved time and time again that he is all but clueless in this department.
It may not happen this season but as sure as eggs are eggs you will endure a losing run and you will see that **** is powerless to halt it. Come back on and see what adulation you give him then.
Ha someone got of the bed the wrong side this morning?

As I said, I agree pre-season friendlies mean very little and I also said nobody could fail to be impressed with what he's done SO FAR. I personally don't think we'll walk the league, in fact I think a play off spot is more realistic. As for saying he's a tactical genius, all league 2 managers have their flaws, I only hope his are out weighed with the positives but time will tell. After the crap we've had to put up with recently I'm not surprised everyone is optimistic and upbeat. If anyone thinks the fans won't give him time they're very much mistaken, last season was a freak season but the fans are loyal.

On a positive note for you I think Ling has done an excellent job so far on a much tighter budget than Buckle has been working with.

If you come to the game at the Gas Brucie you should also come for a drink. You seem a charming man and a barrel of laughs. Seriously though, I've met quite a few of yours fans in the past and I'm looking forward to the banter on the 13th.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote: Ha someone got of the bed the wrong side this morning?

As I said, I agree pre-season friendlies mean very little and I also said nobody could fail to be impressed with what he's done SO FAR. I personally don't think we'll walk the league, in fact I think a play off spot is more realistic. As for saying he's a tactical genius, all league 2 managers have their flaws, I only hope his are out weighed with the positives but time will tell. After the crap we've had to put up with recently I'm not surprised everyone is optimistic and upbeat. If anyone thinks the fans won't give him time they're very much mistaken, last season was a freak season but the fans are loyal.

On a positive note for you I think Ling has done an excellent job so far on a much tighter budget than Buckle has been working with.

If you come to the game at the Gas Brucie you should also come for a drink. You seem a charming man and a barrel of laughs. Seriously though, I've met quite a few of yours fans in the past and I'm looking forward to the banter on the 13th.
Thats brucie being nice blueboy! :nod:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Southampton Gull wrote:BG, when we played Crawley in the BSP the goalmouth was waterlogged, caused by a halftime Buckle request. It's a fact and it WAS cheating. It was condemned by many of our fans at the time and as much as I expect you to stand by your Manager, you're arguing with people who know more about his character than you do at the moment.
Have to admit, pretty much everyone in the grandstand around me that day was fuming at what was going on there, and seemed to think that it was appalling behaviour. It wasn't the only match at which it happened, either.
TUST member 203
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I must admit at one point i was impressed and jealous of what Buckle did with Rovers, part of me wished it was us.
BUT....
Now Ling has done his job and i like our squad a lot with likes of Bobby, Saah and Rene look just as good if not better replacements. Im no longer jealous of Rovers what so ever. After the PSF's where we looked better than i thought we would, just like Blueboy we are all happy with our starts in Pre Season. All i can comment on our games where we out played a more and capable Bristol City side and a very strong Exeter side.

This is football, i will thank Buckle for all he has done. I will follow his progress in intrest as the same as Benyon, Branston, Wroe ect. But our club has moved on and personally think for the better. Paul did his part, now for Ling to take us to the next step.

(P.s im happy to meet up for a nice cold beer, and i will be singing my abuse at Buckle as it will make it more fun in the stands.)
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

It's silly to say how can Rovers fans be impressed with Buckle when it's only pre-season, because Torquay are impressed with Ling. Pre-season is only pre-season but you still get ideas about how a team shapes up and both managers have started their good work. Wether Buckle will prove to be tactically naive or not, who knows, but at the moment the bloke sounds like a genius in comparision to Paul Trollope and Dave Penney.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

divingbboy wrote: Have to admit, pretty much everyone in the grandstand around me that day was fuming at what was going on there, and seemed to think that it was appalling behaviour. It wasn't the only match at which it happened, either.
Agreed - that was the day Buckle made us drop to their level of appalling behaviour. I hated what he did that day and we were lucky Crawley (being the arrogant arseholes they are) did not make more of it. If they had not of won the game I am sure they would have.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't care whether **** watered the pitch or not but he was a desperate man as he just could not get the better of Evans and co.
I am not impressed or unimpressed by Ling really. He has got a really hard job on his hands but anyone who signs Mcphee and Rice - well the jury is out as far as i am concerned.
i have not got the slightest intention of turning up for the Bristol Rovers game because I could not stomach that arrogant little prick **** lording it over us.
Realistically we will get beat in that game and in all probability quite easily.
As usual brett spouts complete nonsense. If you think a team containing the likes of Macklin and Rowe-Turner are equal to what Bristol Rovers have on offer you are either a complete optimist or a complete fool. I'll go for the latter.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

brucie wrote:I don't care whether **** watered the pitch or not but he was a desperate man as he just could not get the better of Evans and co.
I am not impressed or unimpressed by Ling really. He has got a really hard job on his hands but anyone who signs Mcphee and Rice - well the jury is out as far as i am concerned.
i have not got the slightest intention of turning up for the Bristol Rovers game because I could not stomach that arrogant little prick **** lording it over us.
Realistically we will get beat in that game and in all probability quite easily.
As usual brett spouts complete nonsense. If you think a team containing the likes of Macklin and Rowe-Turner are equal to what Bristol Rovers have on offer you are either a complete optimist or a complete fool. I'll go for the latter.
Im starting to get the idea, that someone doesnt like me :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm sure you're devastated, Bretty.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm sure you're devastated, Bretty.

Matt.
</3 I really am Matt. :rofl:
joshwiggy91
Trialist
Trialist

Post by joshwiggy91 »

I really do not get all of this? Buckle left at the end of last season and moved on. He did wonders for the club, took us from nothing and took us up in two years, kept us up and then took us somehow to the play-off final.

We didn't go up no but he wanted to move on. Got offered a job at a team which has a much higher budget, has plans to build a new stadium. Who can blame him?

Everyone has such a short memory. The guy will go on to bigger and better things as he has proved in the last four years he makes mistakes but overall does a good job.

He did wonders here and should be remembered for that
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Brucie makes a good point (as always).

Just slightly bluntly..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14