Robertson to Rovers

General chat about anything else goes here.
claw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by claw »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Oh dear, I piss all over your point and thats all you can come back with?? :clap:

Id be more concerned with surviving in league two if I were you, we can look after ourselves thanks :)

Clearly you can not as you need good old torquay to supply you with players.....Manager.....coach.....

Guess you should just pipe down as your just a feeder club to the City....Oh wait your not even good enough for that
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Southampton Gull wrote:It looks like our friend from Brizzle has already bought into the Buckle appointment.

Don't worry lads, if he gets them up he'll be off to Brizzle City in a flash stating how he's ambitious and sees Rovers as just a stepping stone on his way to managing Barca :)
If he gets us up he can do what he likes, he was with you for around 4 years?? hardly a journeyman manager is he??! 4 years is a hell of a long time in football management these days.

If he does go on to better things then it woulld mean he had done well with us.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

you're right to a degree, he's not a journeyman yet, but he is all about himself, and if an offer comes in for him, you won't see him for dust and the debris that he leaves behind. you've every right to be optimistic, i would be if i were in your position, and things are looking good for your club at present, but take buckle for what he is, and enjoy it while he lasts.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote:you're right to a degree, he's not a journeyman yet, but he is all about himself, and if an offer comes in for him, you won't see him for dust and the debris that he leaves behind. you've every right to be optimistic, i would be if i were in your position, and things are looking good for your club at present, but take buckle for what he is, and enjoy it while he lasts.
I've been watching Rovers for almost 30 years and have seen 2 promotions and 3 relegations, so in other words very little success.

Anything positive this guy can bring to the table would be worth it, if he wins promotion in his first season then he has done what he was brought here for, anything else is a bonus.

Players use clubs like ours as stepping stones and nothing bad gets said about them, so why not managers?? They have careers too and want to aim as high as possible.

I watched them in their first friendly last night, won 5-1 against local non-league opposition but very promising.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

good start. did all the new boys get a run out ?
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote:good start. did all the new boys get a run out ?

We had a different side in each half, but of the new guys Bevan, Carayol and Harrold didnt play as they picked up slight knocks in training, and Anyinsah was having a medical yesterday so didnt play.

Zeb chased everything and looked up for it, even for a friendly, and Stanley looked busy in midfield. Best new player was McGleish, looks in good condition considering his age and will score lots of goals in L2 if he stays fit.

We have another game on Fri in Bath. When is TUFC's first friendly?
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

bit poor of me, but i'm not 100% sure :Oops: but i believe it's next wednesday, which hopefully will mean a few more new faces in between now and then.

sorry, but i had to smile when you said carayol picked up a knock. he's incredible, i'm sure he could pick up a knock in the middle of a desert !! i'd suggest wrapping him in cotton wool, but even that would probably bring him out in a rash. shame, cos he's got talent.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote:bit poor of me, but i'm not 100% sure :Oops: but i believe it's next wednesday, which hopefully will mean a few more new faces in between now and then.

sorry, but i had to smile when you said carayol picked up a knock. he's incredible, i'm sure he could pick up a knock in the middle of a desert !! i'd suggest wrapping him in cotton wool, but even that would probably bring him out in a rash. shame, cos he's got talent.

Yeah I had heard that about Carayol, hopefully it's just because he hasn't trained for a while and nothing more.

The good thing with our squad though is that we have quite a few options for this wings inc Zebs, Anyinsah and Joker4 who can also play up top, so if he was out for any period we have adequate flexible cover.

I'm really looking forward to the Rovers V Torquay game, just hope gel quickly!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Yeah I had heard that about Carayol, hopefully it's just because he hasn't trained for a while and nothing more.

The good thing with our squad though is that we have quite a few options for this wings inc Zebs, Anyinsah and Joker4 who can also play up top, so if he was out for any period we have adequate flexible cover.

I'm really looking forward to the Rovers V Torquay game, just hope gel quickly!!!
I currently am not - but if we add a few that might change!

Think it would of been better not being so early for all here at TQ1 - feelings are running very high at the moment and will only increase if Buckle unsettles us further and returns for Robertson.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Richinns wrote: I currently am not - but if we add a few that might change!

Think it would of been better not being so early for all here at TQ1 - feelings are running very high at the moment and will only increase if Buckle unsettles us further and returns for Robertson.

I can see it bringing in a decent crowd and the atmosphere will be intimidating for your boys, thats fans and players.

It will be interesting to see what other players you bring in before the big day
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i'm sure we'll do our bit, both on and off the pitch, to add to the occasion. will be my first game of the season, and i'm looking forward to it.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hahahahaha at intimidating for us fans. Now that did make me laugh.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:Hahahahaha at intimidating for us fans. Now that did make me laugh.
To be fair Dave, The Mem has been likened to Galatasaray's, Welcome to hell atmosphere. :devil:

We can be very, very loud and vociferous, granted most of that over the last season has been vented at the clueless bunch of wasters donning our shirt, but the atmosphere can be electric at The Mem.

Lets see if your fans and players will turn up aswell, I mean it is going to be your cup final :~D
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

BritishGAS wrote: To be fair Dave, The Mem has been likened to Galatasaray's, Welcome to hell atmosphere. :devil:

We can be very, very loud and vociferous, granted most of that over the last season has been vented at the clueless bunch of wasters donning our shirt, but the atmosphere can be electric at The Mem.

Lets see if your fans and players will turn up aswell, I mean it is going to be your cup final :~D
Our first one of the season Dominic ... after all over the years if you count play-offs we have had rather a lot! Five Wembley appearances and a second rate consolation prize to a Northern venue called Old Trafford, plus a home and away final against Swansea before they decided to allow park players on the hallowed turf of Wembley. I love the play-offs even though often it isn't fair as the lowest placed team often gets promoted. But unlike the days when I first started watching when boredom could set in with 12+ games still to go as there was nothing to play for nowadays most teams are looking either up or down the table with something to play for right up to the last few games.

I hope you do well at BRFC this coming season as I am sure we will and it would be great to play you in the play-offs. Preferably at the semi-final stage as our success rate is better at that stage! ;-)
Last edited by stefano on 07 Jul 2011, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

BritishGAS wrote: To be fair Dave, The Mem has been likened to Galatasaray's, Welcome to hell atmosphere. :devil:

Sorry mate, I didn't know you'd played FGR. :lol:

After experiencing plenty of Saints v Pompey derby games over the years I'm sure I could handle a trip to your place ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com