Robertson to Rovers

General chat about anything else goes here.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

AlexGulls wrote: Lets hope he doesnt ask Carayol for directions. He'll probably end up closer to Scotland.
Via the flippin' Himalayas no doubt.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

transferred to banter board.

please use other thread.

thanks
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Joe Anyinsah was their signing to be announced today - and that's another good one for the midget-general.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

AndyC wrote:Joe Anyinsah was their signing to be announced today - and that's another good one for the midget-general.

Yep all coming along nicely, just shows PB has other targets other than TUFC players and loanees, despite some saying he was unoriginal.
claw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by claw »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Yep all coming along nicely, just shows PB has other targets other than TUFC players and loanees, despite some saying he was unoriginal.

Sorry just fell off my seat laughing seeing that
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

claw wrote:
Sorry just fell off my seat laughing seeing that
Well of the 12 he has signed;

Bevan, Stanley, Carayol, Zebroski have links with TUFC

Smith, Gill, Brown, Virgo, Cronin, McGleish, Harrold and Anyinsah dont.

Thats twice as many without links with TUFC...
claw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by claw »

BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

Come back May when your crying about not getting promoted.....

Please note that Torquay united do not accept returns of rejects
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

:rofl:
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

claw wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

Come back May when your crying about not getting promoted.....

Please note that Torquay united do not accept returns of rejects

Oh dear, I piss all over your point and thats all you can come back with?? :clap:

Id be more concerned with surviving in league two if I were you, we can look after ourselves thanks :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gashead, add all the backroom staff that he's been linked to, then, and Robertson. North, I can't remember who else went - Milton? Veysey? The only one I know didn't is Damien Davey, and I'm glad he's staying, as he does a fantastic job.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

NickGull wrote:Gashead, add all the backroom staff that he's been linked to, then, and Robertson. North, I can't remember who else went - Milton? Veysey? The only one I know didn't is Damien Davey, and I'm glad he's staying, as he does a fantastic job.

Managers take their backroom staff and players all the time.

Surely you have seen managers like Harry Redknapp raiding their old clubs??

What better players to get in than ones you know can do the job and are familiar with, it makes sense.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not dissagree gashead 1979 managers do go for players they know and trust,the point that TUFC fans have made is Buckle does not have a great contacts list in football.

And where did Buckle know Matt Gill from? From his time as Exeter assistant by any chance,if Robbo signs i make that just short of 50% of his signings are players from a club he either managed or coached at,this proves the point.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It looks like our friend from Brizzle has already bought into the Buckle appointment.

Don't worry lads, if he gets them up he'll be off to Brizzle City in a flash stating how he's ambitious and sees Rovers as just a stepping stone on his way to managing Barca :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

Southampton Gull wrote:It looks like our friend from Brizzle has already bought into the Buckle appointment.

Don't worry lads, if he gets them up he'll be off to Brizzle City in a flash stating how he's ambitious and sees Rovers as just a stepping stone on his way to managing Barca :)
DONT DO THAT SG!...you know talk like that winds them up :devil: :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough they have a thread on their forum questioning if they are now the Barcelona of League 2, I sh*t you not.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Kinky John Fowler wrote: DONT DO THAT SG!...you know talk like that winds them up :devil: :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough they have a thread on their forum questioning if they are now the Barcelona of League 2, I sh*t you not.
Funnily enough, Kinky John Stinkweed has to lie AGAIN, to try and have a dig.

On the kiddies forum there is a thread questioning about are ethos to defend from the front like Barcelona do, and having similar options with players who can rotate positions but it was a post by a 10 year old kid, Again you have just proved what a nause you are by bringing that up.

On your forum there is threads stating that you are a bigger club than Leicester, Boro, Ipswich and co :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:...........Deluded sh*theads are absolutely hilarious. There was even a thread saying how sh*t a club West Ham are compared to South Bristols crackheads.....Comedy gold.

What a superpower Bristol C*ty are :bow: