What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Especially when they have just sold Hoskins (a player they signed for free 12 months ago) for half a million. It's so frustrating seeing everyone else, even Macclesfield and other clubs our size, getting decent fees and we can't.

O'Kane, Kee and Ellis have 12 months left on their deals. They're now the only players we have that stand out as having any value in the transfer market. Are we going to do exactly the same all over again?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Gulliball wrote:Especially when they have just sold Hoskins (a player they signed for free 12 months ago) for half a million. It's so frustrating seeing everyone else, even Macclesfield and other clubs our size, getting decent fees and we can't.

O'Kane, Kee and Ellis have 12 months left on their deals. They're now the only players we have that stand out as having any value in the transfer market. Are we going to do exactly the same all over again?

very good points.

considering our new players and Danny have been given two year deals, i'd REALLY like to see the club extend the deals of O'Kane, Kee and Ellis, if nothing more than to safeguard ourselves a little from being screwed over again in January.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think D/T probaly picked up on what was written in the Bristol rag,and we are now presuming that Rovers have and will only pay £35k for Zebroski.

Do any of us acually know what Rovers have/are really paying in terms of a transfer fee for Zebroski ? Because i do not,so i cant really slag the board off for selling him on the cheap.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

mlw wrote:Why is it that people on this forum jump at any opportunity to get at the board & the club. The Bristol evening rag says BR paid £35000 and it suddenly becomes fact - IT IS ONLY SPECULATION NOT FACT. The OS states that BR met our valuation -THAT is the ONLY fact we know - everything else is guesswork. As previously mentioned the £35000 may be a first installment (after all they are paying Buckles compensation in installments) we don't know, so for crying out feckin loud stop wittering until we know the FULL facts as and when they ever come out.
How many of the serial wingers on here are likely to take up the opportunity to join the forum being proposed by Andrew Candy to do something genuinely useful to help the club - very few I suggest and I fear that what is a good idea will decend into the usual chaos and recrimination. I know that if my work and family commitmernts were different I would do all I could to help. Some of you need to ask yourselves whether you really want TUFC to thrive because if it did you wouldn't have anything to moan about - but on the otherhand -----------!!!
I'm sorry but this sounds like complete nonsense. You criticise others (before the event has even come to pass) about not turning up, then proceed to excuse yourself from taking part. As if to suppose you are the only person likely to have a justifiable reason for not getting involved? I'm sure there are others that have a lot to offer and would like to play a part, but have equally good reasons for not doing so.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

hector wrote:
If people are happy with this...as it seems some are...and whilst this price is to a degree speculation, DT is not going to print something so wide of the mark...but if people feel the club have done well, then how will they feel when BRFC say, offer £10k for O'Kane and the board think...well, we signed him for free so we can at least make another profit, if not substantial one. It sickens me that we seem/appear to have sold Zebroski to another team in our division so pointlessly cheaply. Everyone else now will see TUFC as a soft touch. It bodes not at all well for the future.
Of course not, it's not as if the Herald printed a totally inaccurate short-list a couple of weeks ago is it? If it's in the paper then it must be true! =D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

DT is like a lot of us, scours the site and forms his opinions on what he's read. The only difference is he puts his "opinions" into print for the Herald.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Accoring to HE today, the figure which we got for Zebroski is muted as being around the £30,000 mark with a sell on clause. They have also indicated that they would resist any attempt at taking robertson. Does this mean they issue the following response:
Torquay "no he's not for sale"
Buckle "oh go on I want him"
Torquay"oh ok then as you really pushed us hard and we did resist"
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

It's very sad when you're mocked by BR fans and then your own fans take the piss as well - what great support we have.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

monkeyboy wrote:It's very sad when you're mocked by BR fans and then your own fans take the piss as well - what great support we have.

Yes, perhaps we should all be jumping up and down in joyous harmony and telling ourselves everything is utopian.

Perhaps when your own fans take the piss it's time you realised things aren't quite as they should be.................
Dave

monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Cheers SG, you've finally made up my mind to give this site a miss from now on. TorquayFans.com is a misnomer. The majority of so-called fans who use this site are an embarassment. Goodbye, I'll leave you to wallow in your pool of negativity and also your arrogance that you can run a business better than a board of successful business people. Forever a Torquay fan, no longer a TorquayFans.com user.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Oh dear. If you can't accept that some people have different views to yours then maybe an independent forum isn't the place for you. As it happens I've found myself in agreement with a lot of stuff you've written of late, but the most important thing about a forum is exchanging opinions with others who may or may not agree with you.
Dave

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Aston Villa have turned down a bid of £15m for Stewart Downing. This despite the player expressing a desire to leave, and it being an offer of probably more than he's worth. So it is possible. My bet is Liverpool will improve their offer...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

monkeyboy wrote:Cheers SG, you've finally made up my mind to give this site a miss from now on. TorquayFans.com is a misnomer. The majority of so-called fans who use this site are an embarassment. Goodbye, I'll leave you to wallow in your pool of negativity and also your arrogance that you can run a business better than a board of successful business people. Forever a Torquay fan, no longer a TorquayFans.com user.

Incoming projectiles from the perambulator. blimey. did somebody step on your nuts monkey ?? i agree that there seems to be a lot of negativity kicking around at the moment, and we can't continue to moan and feel sorry for ourselves, but recent events are hardly reason for a street party. i think you'll find the majority here are genuine fans, been with the club through the good and the bad, and will still be here come what may, so you can't blame people for caring about their club. there is also a lot of positivity and optimism despite all of the recent cr@p.

Fonda wrote:Aston Villa have turned down a bid of £15m for Stewart Downing. This despite the player expressing a desire to leave, and it being an offer of probably more than he's worth. So it is possible. My bet is Liverpool will improve their offer...
....................or the player will hand in a transfer request :whistle:

shame that all clubs don't cave in to ridiculous offers, as Tevez might like a switch to the south coast ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Are we back to thinking that those that agree with every decision made by the club are good , and those that sometimes question, are bad ? We all support the club, some of us are more naturally cynical and pessimistic than others. I wish I was more of a glass-half-full type than I am.

I m actually still reasonably confident that with a month to go before the kick-off, all will be well. Doesn t stop me realising that if we aren t able to fill the gaping holes currently in the squad, we re in real trouble. And if I want to express my opinion that (with everything taken into consideration) £35K for Chris Zebroski was bad business, I ll do it.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

monkeyboy wrote:Cheers SG, you've finally made up my mind to give this site a miss from now on. TorquayFans.com is a misnomer. The majority of so-called fans who use this site are an embarassment. Goodbye, I'll leave you to wallow in your pool of negativity and also your arrogance that you can run a business better than a board of successful business people. Forever a Torquay fan, no longer a TorquayFans.com user.
I don't think I've seen anybody say they could run TUFC better than the board, but you have you head in the sand - or it's located elsewhere about your person - if you think that the board are doing everything right, particularly when it comes to promoting the club. There are plenty of great ideas that have bandied about on these pages that the board, for whatever reason, have not picked up on. Maybe it's because there's no money. Maybe it's because they don't think these idea are any cop. But we have no idea, because we don't hear anything.

Being a fan of anything should be about more than just blindly accepting things like sheep and going 'ra-ra-ra' all the time. Not only are we 'customers' of the club, we are the conscience of the club - without us the people in charge would be free to do a Plymouth, or Stockport, or Portsmouth, and run the club into the ground. It's telling that most of the owners of the club are fans themselves.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.