new goalie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Popside_Josh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Popside_Josh »

maybe adriano basso got relased from wolves might fancy a move back to the westcountry ;-)
jameiz-ruiz got relased from aldershot hes columbian
or Jakub Jesionkowski big polish keeper from swindon
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

Spoke to a friend who is a Falkirk season ticket holder and his thoughts were that Falkirk had offered Robert Olejnik a further contract but on less money due to financial constraints. He had no idea Robert Olejnik was being linked to us. My friend used to be a reasonably amateur goalkeeper himself and thinks Olejnik is a good shot stopper but bit of a "Dracula" and poor kicker.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

My Villa supporting mate said of Olejnik, "[He's] Alright. Never going to set [the] world on fire... Would do a job [for the Gulls]".

No exactly glowing praise. I must admit I was hoping for a more experienced keeper and perhaps someone we had heard of other than vaguely remembering them from and old version of Champo.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Maybe it's fatty Arbuckle. (related to Paul Buckle lol) or Ray Clemence. Gordon Banks was itching to have another go. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Glostergull wrote:Maybe it's fatty Arbuckle. (related to Paul Buckle lol) or Ray Clemence. Gordon Banks was itching to have another go. :lol:

You mean Tommy Lawrence ?

None have ever seen pigs fly.

Those at Anfield back in the day, certainly saw the "the flying pig" fly.
Last edited by Trojan 67 on 30 Jun 2011, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

KlinK wrote:Spoke to a friend who is a Falkirk season ticket holder and his thoughts were that Falkirk had offered Robert Olejnik a further contract but on less money due to financial constraints. He had no idea Robert Olejnik was being linked to us. My friend used to be a reasonably amateur goalkeeper himself and thinks Olejnik is a good shot stopper but bit of a "Dracula" and poor kicker.
HAHA, we've had a few of these.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

hector wrote:His wikipedia page now seems to suggest that he is signing for us.

Unless it is just someone on here who has edited it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Olejnik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I reckon someone is yanking yours mate. I have just looked and it doesn't seem to suggest anything about The Gulls. Rovers however are mentioned. if it's true that so many league one clubs are in the chace for him then we have no real chance
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Glostergull wrote: I reckon someone is yanking yours mate. I have just looked and it doesn't seem to suggest anything about The Gulls. Rovers however are mentioned. if it's true that so many league one clubs are in the chace for him then we have no real chance
It did say it yesterday, then disappeared. I guess tomorrow will reveal all......